GDT: Wild @ Blackhawks - 7:30pm CDT on NBCSN - Almost Made It Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Eleventh consecutive road victory for the Wild. That stands alone for second in NHL history. If the Wild can beat Nashville in Nashville on Thursday, the Wild will tie the 2005-06 Detroit Red Wings for longest road winning streak in NHL history (12).

Dubnyk made 32 saves and improved to 15-1-1 on the road with a 1.42 goals-against average and .953 save percentage and 5-0-1 in his past six second of back-to-back games with a 1.14 goals-against average and .968 save percentage.

Also, Dubnyk said, while he imagines he’ll get one of the two final games off, “I wouldn’t expect to have a week and a half off. I don’t think that’d be very good. We want to continue the winning feeling going into the playoffs. These are both teams we could be facing in first or second round.â€

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/299004301.html

Zach Parise had just finished a phone interview with a national radio host, slumped into a stall and got a jubilant fist bump from Craig Leipold.

The Wild leading scorer smiled and said, “You called it.â€

Did the Wild owner really call Tuesday’s playoff-clinching, 2-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks?

“Well, he actually said, ‘You guys better get it done!’ I don’t know if that’s calling it or just threatening us,†Parise said, laughing, after the Wild won an 11th consecutive road game — one from tying the NHL record set by the 2005-06 Detroit Red Wings.

Afterward, there was no crazy storming of the ice, no noisy locker-room celebration.

“We’re business,†Dubnyk joked.

Seriously though, this will be the Wild’s third consecutive postseason appearance. The Wild is past the stage where simply getting in is good enough.

“We want to do something special this year,†Dubnyk said.

Added Yeo, “This was only one step. We have bigger plans. I’m very, very proud of our guys for what they overcame, the way that everyone dug in together.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/298994061.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Hell yes. Now, if WPG could get in and the Kings miss the playoffs, I would be happy.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
That's cus zucker is 30g talent....just hope Las Vegas doesn't steal him away

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Sry but Pommer deserves it more.

c7NJRa2h.jpg

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Good show tonight, guys. Congrats. I'd honestly love to see you guys knock the Blues out; their fans on the main board have been insufferable at times.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I really really really want to get 100pts this season. Also a win against the Blues on the last game of the season would be GREAT.

lassski

May 9, 2014
Hi, long time lurker here. Great to see Wild in the playoffs! It's been an awkward season but I'm happy now. Then again, now it really starts...

TJL48

Nov 30, 2011
St. Paul
I agree. If he could actually connect on half his one-time attempts he would probably already be there. He doesn't deserve it any more than Zucker.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wasn't able to watch the game, what did the 2nd and 3rd lines look like? Did Zucker jump right up to the Koivu/Stewart line?

Last edited:

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I almost feel sorry for Parise because he have to play with Pominville and Granlund, I hope that those two can step up in the playoffs because we need them..

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
That second line looked pretty good overall. Zucker certainly made a good showing.

Not a bad game - Chicago was certainly trying and they did not outplay us at all.

And their announcers suck... I liked their comment earlier in the game about how they believe we have overachieved the last few years... By what, just making it to the playoffs? Idiots. Overachieving was Colorado last year.

I'm proud of our guys! They might be useless at times but in the end they came through. I guess all the drama really keeps you on board and guessing:)

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
What was the 3rd line then, Vanek/Coyle/Nino?

I think Zucker will produce with whoever he's with cuz he creates his offense for himself.

I think you could pair Zucker with Koivu and Stewart or Coyle and Vanek and he'd score goals. Vanek on the other hand I think would be a lot more consistently successful with Zucker on his wing than Nino. And we know the Nino-Koivu-Stewart line usually brings it.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
zucker was man on fire last night, once he crashed himself into the boards behind the goalie very hard ouch! with quality refs that was a very good game. we were just the hungrier team. if you would have told me we'd make the playoffs in late jan i'd have bet against it, what a sweet run! lets take the nhl by storm!

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I almost feel sorry for Parise because he have to play with Pominville and Granlund, I hope that those two can step up in the playoffs because we need them..

I feel like Parise is the only reason those two can be together on the same line, without him it would be ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad