GDT: Wild @ Avs - 2 PM - BSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Good showing by our fans today, best fan base in the league.

Going to quote myself here:

I just caught a clip of the hit. Didn't look as bad as I expected it to. Dirty? Meh. Think it was more he didn't make as much effort to get around Kuemper as he could have, but flat out dirty? Nah. And honestly, with the amount of absolute dirty garbage I've seen Avs fans excuse in the time since they were gifted that team, I'm at the point where I just shrug at the stuff they whine about. They are at times, (and more often than not) a ridiculous caricature of a fanbase.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Just some other random thoughts from the game (I recorded and watched later)...

It seems both avs fans and wild fans have selective memory on their respective teams borderline dirty play. I love the rivalry and the intense play by both teams, don't like victim playing by either fan base.

Kahk was good again. He's really making a push to be considered over Talbot in my opinion.

Watching Mackinnon and Makar skate is something else.

Officiating was egregiously bad for both teams, just terrible.

Kap continues to be a stud.... Boldy was insane along the boards. He comes up with pucks that a rookie probably shouldn't.

Happy with the loser point. We acquitted ourselves well against an (arguably) better team without our 1b center and best defender and Spurg (f*** I miss brodin).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It seems both avs fans and wild fans have selective memory on their respective teams borderline dirty play. I love the rivalry and the intense play by both teams, don't like victim playing by either fan base.

Greenway was an idiot and if he gets suspended a game or two, that's fine. But it didn't look intentional. The Cooke play was iffy, but Cooke had a reputation.

Av fans are notoriously bad about downplaying the absolute dirty plays by their team. Still can't believe Minnesota signed McLeod either.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I think Greenway went to the net looking for trouble. Don’t think he intended to pick Kuemper’s head but that’s what he did and he’ll deserve how ever many games the league feels like handing out. Would suspect it to be heavy.

I don’t feel sorry for Colorado if they’re going to dress a plug for the sole purpose of running around in the 4mins he was allowed to skate on NHL ice. They wanted conflict and they got it.

To me this game was a good example of why they need an upgrade at center to move Hartman and Gaudreau down the line up. Need more than passengers and detriments on lines they need to score if they are going to put away good teams.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
To me this is a good example of why they need an upgrade at center to move Hartman and Gaudreau down the line up. Need more than passengers and detriments on lines they need to score if they are going to put away good teams.

God ... even if we found another C good enough to take only Gaudreaus (sp?) spot. Hartman isn't a 1c.... but we aren't magically going to find that 1C to replace him. But CERTAINLY we can find someone to replace Freddy hockey. Can you imagine a competent center with Fiala and Boldy?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Would suspect it to be heavy.

I suspect it's because it's Minnesota.

To me this game was a good example of why they need an upgrade at center to move Hartman and Gaudreau down the line up. Need more than passengers and detriments on lines they need to score if they are going to put away good teams.

Problem is who do they get without giving up a significant player in return?

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I want these guys in the playoffs, they don’t scare me even remotely
I want them as well, if only due to it being a fun f***ing series. Our recent record against them may present a different opinion though.

I forgot to mention this in my random thoughts post.... The avs have, hands down, the sexiest sweaters/jerseys in the league. Love the scheme, colors, design.... it is so good. What they were wearing tonight... is that their actual home sweaters or alternate? Regardless.... I dig it.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
God ... even if we found another C good enough to take only Gaudreaus (sp?) spot. Hartman isn't a 1c.... but we aren't magically going to find that 1C to replace him. But CERTAINLY we can find someone to replace Freddy hockey. Can you imagine a competent center with Fiala and Boldy?

I really wish we made a play for Granlund this past offseason.

————————

I still think there’s too many holes in this team that makes any trade a bad idea though. The only thing I could get behind would be Greenway+ for an upgrade at C.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I want Rossi to join the team in a couple of months. We'll make do till then. Boldy and Fiala have enough talent to make things sing themselves. Hated that PP 2 setup, but it should get better once JEE, Spurgeon and Brodin come back.
I don't want to trade anyone except Greenway...I don't think anyone wants Rask, or Bjugstad.

Reactions: 63firebird

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I feel like we would have won this game quite easily if we had Spurgeon, Brodin and Eriksson Ek. The only Avs line that got anything done today was Landy-Mack-Rantanen.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I know our PP sucks, but isn't it a bit odd how we've only had 2 minutes of PP time since Boldy was called up? It's been over 120 minutes since the last PP opportunity.
I think Ek has drawn quite a few penalties from going into dirty areas. No one really can cover Ek’s game.

Zuccarello can shoot too, he doesn't always have to pass
Back door to when Kap is open fine,but he is so good with a quick release: please be greedy!!

I feel like we would have won this game quite easily if we had Spurgeon, Brodin and Eriksson Ek. The only Avs line that got anything done today was Landy-Mack-Rantanen.
The game I saw the Avs had two posts and several grade A’s in the first period and could have put the game away or close to it with
the penalty parade following.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 57special

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
It was one of the best game of this regular season, like a playoff repetition

Kakhonen is yours 1a goalie for the Cup contending

Agree. With Eriksson "security locker" line Greenway-Eriksson-Folighno would close definitly Mac & Co.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Time to drop Zucc from pens for the next one. He needs a reality check.

I'd agree with that. Historically he's been one of the best penalty takers in the NHL but he's not scored on one in a while.

This happened once with the NYR as well. He missed 3 in a row, was taken off the shootout by Alain Vigneault and scored on his first chance back in the penalty lineup. I think that was actually the infamous "controller disconnect" penaltyshot but I could remember that incorrectly

justanomade

Norwegian
May 25, 2012
Bergen, Norway
I'd agree with that. Historically he's been one of the best penalty takers in the NHL but he's not scored on one in a while.

This happened once with the NYR as well. He missed 3 in a row, was taken off the shootout by Alain Vigneault and scored on his first chance back in the penalty lineup. I think that was actually the infamous "controller disconnect" penaltyshot but I could remember that incorrectly
Yep, I think you're right.

Lets see what Evason does.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I didn't see this posted, but the puck appeared to be in KK's skates on the disputed goal, so it looks like the NHL actually did have another angle proving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad