GDT: Wild @ Avalanche - 4/27/13 - 6:30PM CDT - FSN, FS-WI, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I wish he was, at the very least, our backup.

Me too. But Bäckström showed tonight that he can get his **** together even after a nightmare game like the one against Edmonton. He's been overused and is past his prime, but I don't think he's going to be the reason we lose the Chicago series.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
Yay, we made the playoffs!

That's all I really have to say. My expectations for this season was to get in the POs and everything more from now on is bonus. The way we got in wasn't beautiful but we did it. I have bigger expectations for next year, but now I'm pretty satisfied.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Would rather be facing Anaheim or Vancouver... but ok. Think of this as the first of many playoff series vs Chicago to come!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Would rather be facing Anaheim or Vancouver... but ok. Think of this as the first of many playoff series vs Chicago to come!

Awwww yeah. Minnesota vs Chicago. Let's rekindle this classic rivalry!

SECORD SUCKS!

This-is-gonna-be-good.gif

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Awwww yeah. Minnesota vs Chicago. Let's rekindle this classic rivalry!

SECORD SUCKS!

This-is-gonna-be-good.gif
I really hope that at practices this week Yeo approaches every player one on one and lets them know that they have been written off, that people say they have no chance against the Hawks, they shouldn't even be in the play offs.

I would make absolutely certain Parise, Suter, Backs, Seto, Pommers all know that people say they don't compare to Kane, Toews, Hossa.

Plant a big ****ing chip on their shoulder and then just cut them loose and let the chips fall where they may.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Yay, we made the playoffs!

That's all I really have to say. My expectations for this season was to get in the POs and everything more from now on is bonus. The way we got in wasn't beautiful but we did it. I have bigger expectations for next year, but now I'm pretty satisfied.

You took thoughts right out of my brain. This is exactly how I feel. Not saying we won't give Chicago a headache, even a mild one, but just making the playoffs this year is incredible. Next year will be the year where expectations are higher. We can complain if we don't claim a top seed in the playoffs. This year, we succeeded just enough in this shortened season. I am happy. :handclap:

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Random but i was watching replays of last nights game

and i just noticed that the showed 2 Wild fans celebrating and they were wearing some jerseys from my old high school (Jefferson) ... So sick!

DUDE_zpseddbcb44.png

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
How big was Backstrom last night? Huge game from him after a couple of very shaky games this week! If the Wild have any hopes in the playoffs he will need to stand on his head to give us a chance.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Wow great catch with the uniforms!

Yes, Backs will have to be huge. He needs to rest up now.

ETA: I just watched the highlights of the game on nhl.com. If you watch that, you will see how big of a game Backs had. Wow, he had some great saves. Check it out over there if you haven't seen it yet. He came up huge last night.

Last edited:

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Not sure when it starts, but they need to get him some rest before this series starts.

I have no illusions that they'd win the series, but if Backstrom plays well I think we steal a few games.

Think the thing I'm truly most excited about? Getting the kids some playoff experience. That's going to be huge.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Yes so happy for guys like Brodin and Zucker.

Right now I am rewatching the last 10 minutes of the third. I was so dang nervous last night I was watching with my hands practically covering my face. :laugh: I actually still feel nervous on the rewatch too. :laugh:

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
How big was Backstrom last night? Huge game from him after a couple of very shaky games this week! If the Wild have any hopes in the playoffs he will need to stand on his head to give us a chance.

Backstrom won that game for us last night. One of his best games.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Backstrom won that game for us last night. One of his best games.

Big time. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe he really was pulled against Edmonton to get some rest for last night? Seems weird to think about but he really didn't have to play a back to back essentially. He was not super tired last night. Man, all the saves he made in the last 10 minutes is incredible. There's so many shots I don't even know how he sees. He was a monster last night. This guy does deserve an extension just based on last night alone. He was massive. We literally played like we were on a PK for like 7-8 minutes last night. Backs just took us on his shoulders and carried us to victory.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Varlamov was absolutely spectacular. I'm pretty sure if their 2nd goal stands, he stonewalls us out of the playoffs.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
It really is insane to think that if the league hadn't bailed us out with that clear 2nd goal, we would be out.

J22*

It really is insane to think that if the league hadn't bailed us out with that clear 2nd goal, we would be out.

I think it's fair to say that the Wild caught a break with that call, but don't think it's fair to call it a clear goal. Kobasew's right skate is off of the ice and swinging towards the Wild goal.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Toronto's usually pretty good at those types of calls. I'm guessing they had multiple angles that proved Kobasew used a kicking motion.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think it's fair to say that the Wild caught a break with that call, but don't think it's fair to call it a clear goal. Kobasew's right skate is off of the ice and swinging towards the Wild goal.

Wasnt the call on the ice a goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad