GDT: Wild at Dives

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Give Kap, Faber, Boldy and a few others a seat the rest of the season. Keeping them playing would just invite Minnesota sports luck and one or more of them gets hacked out of a game with a major injury. Bring up a few AHL'ers for the final few games.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Wouldn't have guaranteed anything. They could have hit a hot streak with Evason.

That's the point. Should have just let the chips fall with Evason. They have tainted Hynes for next year in my view. Hynes has done nothing to impress me.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Give Kap, Faber, Boldy and a few others a seat the rest of the season. Keeping them playing would just invite Minnesota sports luck and one or more of them gets hacked out of a game with a major injury. Bring up a few AHL'ers for the final few games.
How is Kaprizov supposed to reach 50 goals from the bench? Give me moral victories, or give me death!

• Haha
Reactions: MK9

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
The team just isn't that good this year. This is some of the worst hockey I have ever seen from this franchise, this year. Honestly this might be the worst team we've ever had in our 24 years of existence. It's a little strange to me considering there are many of the same faces from last year, but age and injuries and losing some of the players from last year's team has played quite a role in that.

I get no good vibes from Hynes and I am not confident in him going forward, as well.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Next morning thought: the team has flaws (obviously) but only 2 guys in the entire league are able to score the goals MacKinnon scored last night. Just 2. It wasn't some grand pronouncement of the state of the organization.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Next morning thought: the team has flaws (obviously) but only 2 guys in the entire league are able to score the goals MacKinnon scored last night. Just 2. It wasn't some grand pronouncement of the state of the organization.

Maybe not - but I saw Toews go stride for stride with Kirill (Who can also skate)....and our D were made to look like pylons.

There was a lack of awareness of who was on the ice that was pretty concerning. I've watched a lot of Wild/Avs games with MacKinnon - I don't think he's ever beaten us like he did last night. He absolutely embarrassed our D. Faber and Brodin are about the only 2 guys that belong in an NHL top 4.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Maybe not - but I saw Toews go stride for stride with Kirill (Who can also skate)....and our D were made to look like pylons.

There was a lack of awareness of who was on the ice that was pretty concerning. I've watched a lot of Wild/Avs games with MacKinnon - I don't think he's ever beaten us like he did last night. He absolutely embarrassed our D. Faber and Brodin are about the only 2 guys that belong in an NHL top 4.
Guy has 140 points. He embarrasses a lot of D. There's nothing projectible about his 3 goals unless you narrow that projection to "McDavid".

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
From an early October article regarding the new extensions. Hammer.....meet nail. I can't wait until Billy gets all grumpy and defensive when asked a hard question about his decisions.

Russo and Smith: Wild boss Bill Guerin stands by his core, but he better be right
Another lift from the early October article...

"For what it’s worth, Foligno entered camp feeling “night and day” better than how he was during an injury-plagued 2022-23 season."

New year, same shit. Foligno had another injury plagued year similar to 2022-23. Worse, in terms of portent, as he has missed 10 more games in 23-24 than 22-23.
An aging, modestly talented enforcer/power forward declining due to injuries as he ages into his 30's was entirely foreseeable(i.e. Wayne Simmonds).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Another lift from the early October article...

"For what it’s worth, Foligno entered camp feeling “night and day” better than how he was during an injury-plagued 2022-23 season."

New year, same shit. Foligno had another injury plagued year similar to 2022-23. Worse, in terms of portent, as he has missed 10 more games in 23-24 than 22-23.
An aging, modestly talented enforcer/power forward declining due to injuries as he ages into his 30's was entirely foreseeable(i.e. Wayne Simmonds).
Also Hartman has gone from a gritty, solid top 6 center to an unhinged bottom 6 center. He's become a liability out there because refs are going to keep a much closer eye on him and given that it's Minnesota and they don't have a lot of pull in the league, no one is going to care if they over penalize him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Also Hartman has gone from a gritty, solid top 6 center to an unhinged bottom 6 center. He's become a liability out there because refs are going to keep a much closer eye on him and given that it's Minnesota and they don't have a lot of pull in the league, no one is going to care if they over penalize him.
Nah...he's got his warts, but he's still a decent player. One of the few quality depth forwards on the team. We'll see how he ages.

What i can't stand to see is Foligno with a bad year, again, Gaudreau going from a quality, underrated depth player to a zero, Marjo the same, then seeing Letierri, Luchinni, and Shaw getting regular playing time. That's over half a forward contingent of useless.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Nah...he's got his warts, but he's still a decent player. One of the few quality depth forwards on the team. We'll see how he ages.

What i can't stand to see is Foligno with a bad year, again, Gaudreau going from a quality, underrated depth player to a zero, Marjo the same, then seeing Letierri, Luchinni, and Shaw getting regular playing time. That's over half a forward contingent of useless.
That's fair, but Hartman has been suspended twice this season and been fined once, plus he got caught on the mic telling the Jets it was a retaliation hit. He needs to tone the eff down.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Wow. We score and the guy couldn't care less. Avs get a shot on goal and he loses his mind. Can't recall such a drastic difference in calls.
I think Boston is worse. Ar least this annoucer knows some of the Wild names.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
That's the point. Should have just let the chips fall with Evason. They have tainted Hynes for next year in my view. Hynes has done nothing to impress me.
Not sure what he can do with maybe 5 forwards ,3 defence, 1/2 a goalie and a whole whack of useless?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Not sure what he can do with maybe 5 forwards ,3 defence, 1/2 a goalie and a whole whack of useless?
It was that 7 game stretch where they did nothing but lose.

Why does Darby never lose his job? And ...how long will it take for him to get the top job?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Why does Darby never lose his job? And ...how long will it take for him to get the top job?

My current theory is they stopped paying him long ago and he never got the hint. He just keeps showing up so they use him as free help.

Reactions: Roman Maroni

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

My current theory is they stopped paying him long ago and he never got the hint. He just keeps showing up so they use him as free help.
In Magic the Gathering lore, there's this character called Rat who has a peculiar magical ability, or maybe a curse since she can't turn it off, where most people can't notice her and, even when they do, they forget her almost as soon as she's left their presence.

I believe that this girl's real name is Darby Hendrickson.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
There's a Seinfeld episode about that.

"I'm sorry, but we're going to have to let you go."

Kramer, " Well, I don't actually work here."

"I know. That's what makes this so awkward."

• Haha
Reactions: Wabit and BagHead

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
That's fair, but Hartman has been suspended twice this season and been fined once, plus he got caught on the mic telling the Jets it was a retaliation hit. He needs to tone the eff down.
I don’t have a problem with having an agitator like Hartman. He’s actually toned it down on how many minor penalties he was taking this year too.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
There's a Seinfeld episode about that.

"I'm sorry, but we're going to have to let you go."

Kramer, " Well, I don't actually work here."

"I know. That's what makes this so awkward."

I wans thinking more Milton from "Office Space"

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Years ago when Wayne Roger’s left MASH, they said you can’t leave, you have a contract. Wayne said No I don’t. He never signed a contract and they paid him without realizing it…..

I think Darby learned from Trapper John!

Reactions: Wabit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad