GDT: Wild at Dives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I remember wanting to tank for him back in the day, it was as unpopular back then as it is now. Don't remember how we finished that season. Think that was the 1st we traded for Pominvile? Or was that the Hanzal one?
That was the first Suter/Parise season. Probably could've been in the running without those signings.

2013-16. Not bad tank years, looking back. Of course, still gotta get lottery lucky and pick the right players.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ok. Spurgeon is toast and we have exactly 2 NHL defenders on this roster and nothing promising in the pipeline as of now.

We're not swimming in high quality forwards, or centers, either. You're creating a hole to hopefully maybe fill another one.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Ok. Spurgeon is toast and we have exactly 2 NHL defenders on this roster and nothing promising in the pipeline as of now.
Friggin offense isn’t any better off. Probly 6 or more of them should be done too. At least drafting where the Wild do every year, you have a chance to draft defense.
Kap, Ek, Boldy…..that’s it.
You keep Rossi…

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Said before say it again, should have just rolled w Evason the whole season and let the chips fall....

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Friggin offense isn’t any better off. Probly 6 or more of them should be done too. At least drafting where the Wild do every year, you have a chance to draft defense.
Kap, Ek, Boldy…..that’s it.
You keep Rossi…
Scoring hasn’t been an issue all season. Getting scored on is our problem.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Scoring hasn’t been an issue all season. Getting scored on is our problem.

Team is bottom third in the league in goals scored. Scoring is absolutely an issue.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
24th in 5v5 goals scored
10th in 5v5 goals against
10th in PP goals scored
31st in PK goals against

Goals against is a goalie issue. Goals for is a forward talent issue.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I remember wanting to tank for him back in the day, it was as unpopular back then as it is now. Don't remember how we finished that season. Think that was the 1st we traded for Pominvile? Or was that the Hanzal one?
Think Hanzal was later. Was probably pomminville. We would’ve been a show in for a top 5 pick that year if Parise/Surer hadn’t come.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Think Hanzal was later. Was probably pomminville. We would’ve been a show in for a top 5 pick that year if Parise/Surer hadn’t come.

Imagine where we'd be right now with some more strategic planning and some luck

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Brodin, Faber, Chisholm.

And I too am counting Spurgeon out.

Just give me Boldy JEE Kap for the third, I need at least one effective line.

Yeah, Mack wasn't even unanimous, this board would have been up in arms that we didn't take Drouin.
Never should have messed with Kap/Ek/Boldy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad