GDT: Wild at Dallas Game Two - 7PM FSN/FSWI/SN/TVAS2 - Emergency I'm on my Phone Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
tumbleweed.gif

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I just hope players don't give up as easy as the fans.

Agreed wholeheartedly. It's only one game down. Win tonight and we take home ice.

Getting Haula back is not at all insignificant either. Not only has he been one of our best shutdown guys against top-heavy teams in the last few years of playoffs, but IIRC he's been one of our top scorers under Torch.

Not saying I'm super confident, but it's not like it's a foregone conclusion, either. Lots of easy corrections to make after the last game. Gotta settle the D down, especially Dumba. Gotta start chipping pucks in behind them when the NZ starts getting clogged up. Gotta go in a little harder after the pucks we do chip in. Simple stuff that a coach can hammer in with a good practice.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Agreed wholeheartedly. It's only one game down. Win tonight and we take home ice.

Getting Haula back is not at all insignificant either. Not only has he been one of our best shutdown guys against top-heavy teams in the last few years of playoffs, but IIRC he's been one of our top scorers under Torch.

Not saying I'm super confident, but it's not like it's a foregone conclusion, either. Lots of easy corrections to make after the last game. Gotta settle the D down, especially Dumba. Gotta start chipping pucks in behind them when the NZ starts getting clogged up. Gotta go in a little harder after the pucks we do chip in. Simple stuff that a coach can hammer in with a good practice.

Yep. Win one game, and suddenly it's a tie series heading into X. As Haula said, "We're here for the split".

And if we lose, then... well, we lose. It's still not the end of the world, just gonna make things a bit more difficult.

I'm not exactly confident in this team either, but I want to believe. The naive hockey fan, the Wild fan in me wants to believe. He wants to watch his team win, and defeat the odds. The reasonable, sour and bitter side will have to stay quiet this spring.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
I feel like the Emergency GDT being made on a phone is a great representation of how we feel about this game.

But still, Go Wild!

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah pretty much.

I thought about filling out a form 934-minnesota, but I didn't feel like it justified the effort.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Huh, Duby's playing his 12th playoff game for us and that's a franchise record?

o__________________________o

ewoksonhoth

Lolorado
Jul 4, 2012
One Great City!
Didn't sleep well last night, and day drank with a late lunch/early dinner out with my folks so if this game isn't some real intense playoff hockey, I'm napping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad