Proposal: Wild and Ducks …..who says no

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Since you had Getzlaf, you should know that big 2-way centers are premium for the playoffs.

Ek had been relegated to the grinder role between Foligno and Greenway up until last year. Last year he finally got the chance to play top 6, only to only be able to less than a minute in the playoffs.

How's Zegras' NHL playoff stats? I'll wait.
How’s Zegras playoff opportunities been? Since apparently that’s the qualifier.

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
not sure why the Ducks would do this.

Can you make the pitch why this makes the Sucks better in the long run?
Well , Ek has significant value around the league. If your center depth allowed you to not place significant value on him you could in turn flip him for a top pair D and sweetener.

You're so close, yet still incapable.
I’m not smart enough for cryptic booya , speak to me as if I were a small child or golden retriever.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Yah , it’s tough for Mn fans to get all indignant about players on our team that we actually like when the fact is they’ve never done shit when the chips are down

No that’s not enough for Ek. There’s far more value difference between Ek and Zegras than a 2nd. It may not quite be 13 up to 3 difference but i think it’s close.
So maybe a d man since they are loaded up? Like maybe Lacombe and a prospect like Perreault? Doubt Zellweger is available but maybe helleson

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well , Ek has significant value around the league. If your center depth allowed you to not place significant value on him you could in turn flip him for a top pair D and sweetener.

I’m not smart enough for cryptic booya , speak to me as if I were a small child or golden retriever.

Couldn’t we flip zegras for a dmen or the 3rd overall.

Seems like a lot of work to get jee then try to flip him

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
1v1 comparison from Natural Stat Trick.

I even went back a year to include Zegras' best offensive year. Not only are most categories better for Ek, the offensive zone start % difference is dramatic (Ek ~ 46%, Zegras ~ 73%)

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Ek is a great player but with carlsson and mctavish not sure trading Zegras for another center makes much sense for anaheim.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Anyone willing to trade a top pairing D for Ek would be willing to trade them for Z + 3rd overall.

This makes no sense for the Ducks.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
The Wild view Eriksson Ek as their #1 C and he's continually establishing career highs (61 points in 67 games) on a value contract, so I'm not sure why they would give him and a 13th overall to move up in the draft when it may be in their best interests to keep their win-now players while integrating their prospects (Wallstedt, Khusnutdinov, Faber, Rossi, Boldy, Kap are all in their 20s or younger) and it may be a big loss to lose the stud C who can keep things stabilized against the opponent's best players.
Couple that with Zegras' duplicated skillset on the Wild (who have many skilled forwards) and the fact that he just had an off year and I'm not sure why Minnesota would sell.

It makes sense for the Ducks who would be stacked with Joel - Carlsson - McTavish up the middle after this trade at the cost of just moving back a couple of spots (and it could speed up Anaheim's rebuild to have this key C cog in place), but I'm not sure why the Wild would do it.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The Wild view Eriksson Ek as their #1 C and he's continually establishing career highs (61 points in 67 games) on a value contract, so I'm not sure why they would give him and a 13th overall to move up in the draft when it may be in their best interests to keep their win-now players while integrating their prospects (Wallstedt, Khusnutdinov, Faber, Rossi, Boldy, Kap are all in their 20s or younger) and it may be a big loss to lose the stud C who can keep things stabilized against the opponent's best players.
Couple that with Zegras' duplicated skillset on the Wild (who have many skilled forwards) and the fact that he just had an off year and I'm not sure why Minnesota would sell.

It makes sense for the Ducks who would be stacked with Joel - Carlsson - McTavish up the middle after this trade at the cost of just moving back a couple of spots (and it could speed up Anaheim's rebuild to have this key C cog in place), but I'm not sure why the Wild would do it.
Moving back a “couple spots” from 3 to 13 and trading a 22 year old top 6 forward. It’s fine if it doesn’t make some for the Wild either, but this idea that this makes the Ducks better is laughable.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Since you had Getzlaf, you should know that big 2-way centers are premium for the playoffs.

Ek had been relegated to the grinder role between Foligno and Greenway up until last year. Last year he finally got the chance to play top 6, only to only be able to less than a minute in the playoffs.

How's Zegras' NHL playoff stats? I'll wait.
And yet it still made no difference as Minnesota still lost regardless of where he played.

You’re seriously going to use the fact that Zegras has never played in an NHL playoff game to show that you can’t win with him in the playoffs? Wow…

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
1v1 comparison from Natural Stat Trick.

I even went back a year to include Zegras' best offensive year. Not only are most categories better for Ek, the offensive zone start % difference is dramatic (Ek ~ 46%, Zegras ~ 73%)
Well , that’s all fine and dandy and absolutely Ek is the better player. Also there’s the entire rest of the trade proposal which is a pretty major piece

Reactions: Crazy8oooo

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And yet it still made no difference as Minnesota still lost regardless of where he played.

You’re seriously going to use the fact that Zegras has never played in an NHL playoff game to show that you can’t win with him in the playoffs? Wow…
The point went over your head. He hasn't played top 6 in the playoffs yet. The one year he was expected to but was injured, the team folded like a cheap tent without him. He showed he was as important as Kaprizov to this team.

Maybe make the playoffs and we can chat again then... Might have to wait till Carlsson and McTavish establish themselves as top 6 centers though.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Well , that’s all fine and dandy and absolutely Ek is the better player. Also there’s the entire rest of the trade proposal which is a pretty major piece
However, in Zegras’ defense, that guy is using an injury riddled 22 game season to attempt to help his narrative. The better comparison would be to use the past two seasons where they played at nearly identical number of games and were both healthy.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
No from both. Ducks have no reason to give up the younger player and better pick in their position. Wild are decent and have some good young players. When the buyouts are off the books in two years, they should be a playoff contender. Having Ek on a nice long deal with a cap hit of $5.5M will be very valuable.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
However, in Zegras’ defense, that guy is using an injury riddled 22 game season to attempt to help his narrative. The better comparison would be to use the past two seasons where they played at nearly identical number of games and were both healthy.
For sure , I like Zegras and there’s definitely more there in a better series of opportunities to start his career.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
The point went over your head. He hasn't played top 6 in the playoffs yet. The one year he was expected to but was injured, the team folded like a cheap tent without him. He showed he was as important as Kaprizov to this team.

Maybe make the playoffs and we can chat again then... Might have to wait till Carlsson and McTavish establish themselves as top 6 centers though.
No, you’re now changing the narrative. Your point was that you can’t win with Zegras, yet you can with EK. Yet here we are with real proof that that’s just not the case as of yet. Minnesota has no series wins with EK and his stats have also been pretty subpar. You can’t say one way or the other whether Zegras would help a team win or not since he hasn’t had that opportunity at the NHL level. Yet he Has shown that he can lead a team in big games if you look at his spectacular USA performance.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd be more interested in seeing if we could get Terry out of Anaheim.

Don't think it makes much sense for the Ducks to trade for Ek. They still have another 4 years of building at least.
Idk what type of value terry has…. Natural Wingers is kinda our weak spot right now.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Please regale us with your extensive knowledge of the difference in value between #13oa and #3. I can’t wait
Thank gid bill guerin will never trade ek or add a one way player like Trev whose not a C in Minnesota. To think Minnesota should trade their 1C or 2c for a worse player and to move 10 spots is laughable. You and your dislike for ek is very blatant.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Thank gid bill guerin will never trade ek or add a one way player like Trev whose not a C in Minnesota. To think Minnesota should trade their 1C or 2c for a worse player and to move 10 spots is laughable. You and your dislike for ek is very blatant.
Yes , thanks be to gid

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Here you go

Ignores Ek's best season and he still has the better numbers. Also widens the gap in offensive zone starts (Ek ~ 44%, Zegras 79%).

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
No, you’re now changing the narrative. Your point was that you can’t win with Zegras, yet you can with EK. Yet here we are with real proof that that’s just not the case as of yet. Minnesota has no series wins with EK and his stats have also been pretty subpar. You can’t say one way or the other whether Zegras would help a team win or not since he hasn’t had that opportunity at the NHL level. Yet he Has shown that he can lead a team in big games if you look at his spectacular USA performance.
What's your proof? You've shown nothing that indicates Zegras can lead a winning team at all, let alone even make the playoffs.

I also appreciate how you ignore that Ek has gotten better every single year in the playoffs (minus playing 19 seconds last playoffs).

0p in 3 games
to
1p in 5 games
to
1p in 4 games
to
3p in 7 games
to
5p in 6 games

Again, playing with offensive stalwarts like Jordan Greenway and Marcus Foligno...

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Not sure how this is fair for Minnesota, when Eriksson Ek is signed for another 5 seasons after this one at an insane number of 5.25 million. Can't put a value on that, especially with the Suter/Parise buyouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad