Wild 4 Oilers 3

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
RNH and McDavid :popcorn: Just put Hall and Lander together when Eberle gets back... at least give Lander one winger that can help tilt the ice the other way.

I wonder what the reaction around here would be if RNH was paired with Korpikoski and Purcell on the 3rd line.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's a massive assumption and excuse for our suckage. Even if that were true, and lets say this team is just slightly better, its not even close to good enough and inconsequential at the end of the day. At this rate, it'll take ten years before we're good enough for the playoffs, thats assuming that we are just slightly better and teams arent taking us for granted. Which is again, is a massive assumption.

The Oilers have been right in the game against a bunch of top teams with the Dallas and Washington games being the exception. They were dominated by these same teams last season visually and realistically.

I guess nobody can convince another of the "eye test" but there is clearly a structural and compete improvement from last year. They are still getting outchanced but the spread in QUALITY chances isn't nearly as large as it was the last few seasons.

Also, it's not fair to compare the first 10 games of this season to last because the schedule this season has been MUCH tougher.

At the end of the day, they are 3-7 and it sucks but I'll say it again, the previous teams didn't have McDavid, Mclellan and Chiarelli steering the ship so if you choose to believe that they are as awful as ever with no hope in sight then by all means but I'm more convinced than ever that this team is headed in the right direction and that the results will soon show that out.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Canucks fan coming in peace.

Don't get too down on yourselves guys! The Oilers are playing really well. They're playing the right way to win games unlike previous seasons.
Bounces aren't going their way as of right now, but this is a different Oilers team than years previous.
McDavid is a generational talent and Nurse is a stud.
This team is exciting to watch

It's very early in the season and you can certainly get on a hot streak soon enough.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Oilers in a wild card spot by All-Star break.

So keep your chin up and keep on keeping on!

P.S. How awesome is it that the Flames suck?! :)

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008

Don't get too down on yourselves guys! The Oilers are playing really well. They're playing the right way to win games unlike previous seasons.
Bounces aren't going their way as of right now, but this is a different Oilers team than years previous.

It's very early in the season and you can certainly get on a hot streak soon enough.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Oilers in a wild card spot by All-Star break.

I like you

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
So you've got nothing to contribute here then, your just the parrot repeating random sportsnet highlights.

I have to watch every game against American teams on Fox...every broadcast crew this year has stated the Oilers are a tougher team to play against this year.

But they obviously haven't read your posts.:nod:

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

This is a refreshing change of perspective from another team's fan. Thanks. haha

Also so so so agreed on the P.S.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad