Speculation: Why we might win the cup this year.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
We don't have a single player who can take the puck over the offensive blueline and setup a PP.

Look at Zetterberg. He's not a fast player, but he regularely skates the puck in, or passes the puck to a teammate in flight, just before the blue-line.

We don't have a system to gain entrance and setup, it just seems = defenceman skates the puck up til center ice, pass it to a forward who then has no idea what to do, or just dumps it in, as noone goes hard for it.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm a big Sens fan and all but a lot of things have to go right for us to win the Cup this year.

Frank Moses

Feb 3, 2014
We don't have a single player who can take the puck over the offensive blueline and setup a PP.

What do you think Karlsson is?

The team's powerplay numbers on the road are phenomenal - best in the league if I recall correctly. Now if they could only get it going at home...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I don't think our PP sucks cause of the players but rather the system.

Everyone just watches Karlsson skate it up and prays he either goes coast-to-coast or manages to use mental powers to deke a defender and pass it to some guy's stick who has clear net to the lane.

Whoever is PP coach is doing horrific job.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
when I watch other teams play who lack a mobile D, i think to myself, thank Karlsson for Karlsson.

Besides, we have plenty of high-end players to form a great PP.

It's kind of depressing to think that we have a generational talent on our team and we are still just mediocre.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
The powerplay doesn't suck when you compare it to the rest of the league.

It's the PK that blows.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
It's kind of depressing to think that we have a generational talent on our team and we are still just mediocre.

Karlsson
Spezza
Turris
Ryan
MacArthur
Zibanejad
Cowen
Ceci
Methot

Anderson

There is no logical reason for us to be just mediocre.

Other than poor coaching.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Karlsson
Spezza
Turris
Ryan
MacArthur
Zibanejad
Cowen
Ceci
Methot

Anderson

There is no logical reason for us to be just mediocre.

Other than poor coaching.

I look at this group of guys and see an awful lot of players that have not been on our team long, and some who have not even been in the league all that long.

We sucked at the start and actually have a decent record since Dec 1st. That type of pattern in a record usually means, to me, that the team is either feeling out a new style of play or there are a lot of players getting used to playing together. This part is not a coaching issue

There was also a clear lack of performance on the D end of the rink from both forward and Dmen. I would put this piece of the puzzle pretty squarely on the coach's shoulders. Although, even saying that, a few of our D played well below what we were expecting in the early stages of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad