Speculation: Why Tinordi isn't on this yet?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
It's all in the title ! The Habs need toughness, power, size, Tinordi is all about it ! I wouldn't go with a Murray-Tinordi pair (which would make one of the slowest pair on the league), but instead of Beaulieu, i would have recalled Tinordi, Montreal have the offensive defenseman in Markov/Subban, even Diaz and Bouillon can handle well the puck (even if it's been a long time for Diaz:shakehead ), I think Tinordi is the solution, his 6 games stints wasn't bad at all, i wouldn't even go after Murray in the last off season, and had saved the money for a powerforward.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Tinordi did not look ready at all when we had him up at the beginning of the year. He was slow, and he wasn't playing very physical at all. Has he improved in Hamilton? If not, no sense in bringing him up just because our other defensemen aren't doing a good job.

Last edited:

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Bouillon, Murray.

Too many left handed defence on one way contracts. Simple as that

He will get his chance next season.....

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It's all in the title ! The Habs need toughness, power, size, Tinordi is all about it ! I wouldn't go with a Murray-Tinordi pair (which would make one of the slowest pair on the league), but instead of Beaulieu, i would have recalled Tinordi, Montreal have the offensive defenseman in Markov/Subban, even Diaz and Bouillon can handle well the puck (even if it's been a long time for Diaz:shakehead ), I think Tinordi is the solution, his 6 games stints wasn't bad at all, i wouldn't even go after Murray in the last off season, and had saved the money for a powerforward.

Can I know what powerforward you're talking about?

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Tinordi did not look ready at all when we had him up at the beginning of the year. He was low, and he wasn't playing very physical at all. Has he improved in Hamilton? If not, no sense in bringing him up just because our other defensemen aren't doing a god job.

He was a bit shaky at times, but what could Beaulieu bring more than Tinordi? Jarred developped well his phisical game with the Dogs, of course he will never be an offensive weapon, unfortunately i can't find his individual numbers like hits/blocked shots ... I think he deserves another shot before the playoffs starts in spring.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So you mean if we had saved Brière and Murray money we wouldn't have found a power forward? Come on, what's Briere is bringing to this team? And Murray??
Now that's a different story... If you're gonna blame Bergevin for not signing a guy who fills our needs, talk about Jagr or Iginla. Not guys like Clarkson and Clowe who were handed moronic contracts.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
So you mean if we had saved Brière and Murray money we wouldn't have found a power forward? Come on, what's Briere is bringing to this team? And Murray??

He isn't debating whether Murray, Parros and Briere were good signings or if we could have used the money elsewhere. He's asking you who was the powerforward available during the offseason who we could have used the money on? He's asking this because there were none of value available.

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
Now that's a different story... If you're gonna blame Bergevin for not signing a guy who fills our needs, talk about Jagr or Iginla. Not guys like Clarkson and Clowe who were handed moronic contracts.

he wanted to play here so badly too...ugh.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC

I'm agree with you about Clarkson and Clowe;)

I just think the money could have been saved and put elsewhere, and just put Tinordi with the team, so he can learn in the big league.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
kYLE Clifford, Lapierre, Cleary, Morrow, Penner...

:laugh: you made a thread for these guys? Clearly and Lapierre don't strike me as the power forward type. Kyle Clifford is another 4th line player who would costs assets, that's the reason why Bergy didn't make a move not because of Douglas Murray's cap hit. Morrow could have been interesting and there were rumors about him over the summer but he's been injured a lot in the last years or so. Penner is inconsistent and doesn't really use his frame. Was a project by Bob Murray who turned out pretty well.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Tinordi did not look ready at all when we had him up at the beginning of the year. He was slow, and he wasn't playing very physical at all. Has he improved in Hamilton? If not, no sense in bringing him up just because our other defensemen aren't doing a good job.

Fair enough but a lot of our vets don't look ready either. Emelin, bouillion, murray. Diaz and Gorges have been OK at best and Markov has been pretty mediocre defensively. If it was all about the kids I would have just went with tinordi and beaulieu and deal with their growing pains.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Markov, Gorges, Emelin, Bouillon, Murray.

Too many left handed defence on one way contracts. Simple as that

He will get his chance next season.....

He was a bit shaky at times, but what could Beaulieu bring more than Tinordi? Jarred developped well his phisical game with the Dogs, of course he will never be an offensive weapon, unfortunately i can't find his individual numbers like hits/blocked shots ... I think he deserves another shot before the playoffs starts in spring.

Speed, ability to move the puck and brings help to the power play, three things Jarred does not bring.

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
:laugh: you made a thread for these guys? Clearly and Lapierre don't strike me as the power forward type. Kyle Clifford is another 4th line player who would costs assets, that's the reason why Bergy didn't make a move not because of Douglas Murray's cap hit. Morrow could have been interesting and there were rumors about him over the summer but he's been injured a lot in the last years or so. Penner is inconsistent and doesn't really use his frame. Was a project by Bob Murray who turned out pretty well.

i made a thread about Tinordi bro ;)

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
kYLE Clifford, Lapierre, Cleary, Morrow, Penner...

the only one that could have made a difference is penner and he wanted to stay in So Cal and he was not available when the habs signed Murray.

Clifford - 5 point this year
Lapiere - 9 points this year
Cleary - 8 point this year
Morrow - 17 points this year
Penner - 26 points this year

They got Briere because their first pick chose to play in Philly. They did try to get their big forward, it just didnt work out....

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Agree we should be giving icetime to one of our big young defencemen rather than Cube and Murray. Would promote Pateryn over Tinordi or Beaulieu though, he's 6'2" 220lbs and leads the Dogs in defenceman scoring and +/- and can fight. He'll be 24 years old this summer we're wasting him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad