Why the Predators can contend

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I believe winning one round is not contending. Getting to the conf finals and lasting more than five games is contending. So bottom line is can you beat Chicago in a 7 game series?

TrustyPatches*

I believe winning one round is not contending. Getting to the conf finals and lasting more than five games is contending. So bottom line is can you beat Chicago in a 7 game series?

Technically everyone is contending right now.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

It would be a tough, excellent series, but I think Nashville has as good of a shot at winning it as Chicago has.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Preds are legit, if they can stay healthy and maybe add some more at the deadline, they can make some noise for sure

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
James Neal trade was money. They've lacked a pure sniper for a while. Forsberg trade even better.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
James Neal trade was money. They've lacked a pure sniper for a while. Forsberg trade even better.

Hopefully Neal can get back in the line up soon. The offense, particularly Forsberg, has been missing him. If we had him in the line up over the past two weeks we might have pulled out a couple of those close, OT losses.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hopefully Neal can get back in the line up soon. The offense, particularly Forsberg, has been missing him. If we had him in the line up over the past two weeks we might have pulled out a couple of those close, OT losses.

Laviolette hiring seems to be working out as well. Not exactly excited to see NSH have two offensive gamebreakers to go with their great goaltending/defense. A playoff series would be night and day compared to the 2010 series. Those two points you're ahead in standings almost as important as a playoff series. Difference between playing WPG and STL in first round.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Always a good defensive team and if Rinne stays healthy, they have a shot, especially since they finally have a good offense.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm more worried about what they can acquire at the TDL....
They have the ability to make a big trade without hurting their roster.

I'm not too happy with the chance of either Nashville or Chicago in the first round.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm more worried about what they can acquire at the TDL....
They have the ability to make a big trade without hurting their roster.

I'm not too happy with the chance of either Nashville or Chicago in the first round.

Damn central, so tough. The #2/#3 matchup in central is shaping up to be another WCF quality series.

bhawks1399*

I really like the preds, they're a great team with incredible defense. A true sniper in Neal and a great breakout player like Forsberg, at the trade deadline if they pick another dynamic offensive forward at the deadlinw they're a real threat in the playoffs, I would like to see how they would fair against STL Chi or LA in a seven game series. Or Minny even, they're another underdog come these playoffs I think, they really gave the hawks a run for their money in that second round

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm thrilled with their play so far, but I don't want to get hopes up too high, because the playoffs are a different beast and this squad is relatively new to it. We've seen teams like the Blues have Conference-leading seasons, only to bow out early in the first two rounds of the playoffs. At the moment, until proven otherwise, the Preds haven't accomplished anything more than the Blues (and, actually, have accomplished less). They're also probably going to have to lose relatively early in the playoffs before they win. As they've shown with their unexpected high level of play so far, though, anything is possible, so you never know what's in store for them this playoffs. If I were a gambling man, though, I'd bet that on them getting a few series under their belts this Spring and, if they can return next season with the same type of play, the 2016 playoffs could be their year to really contend.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
I said it last season. Once Rinne get's back on track, and they get some scoring? Nashville is going surprise the league.

Do they have the willpower to go all the way? Who knows. I believe we'll find out a lot bout this Nashville team this coming playoffs. Will they also learn from it? If so, I think they have a legit chance next season to make a legit run for the cup.

Scary team right now.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Their odds are worth gambling on 20/1 is a steal I put down 5 to win 100.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Am very surprised how well the Preds are doing seeing they still dont have much offensive power.

But Rinnes record 25-6-2, 2.00 goals against average and a .929 save percentage WOW.

What? Forsberg, Neal, Ribeiro, Wilson, Smith up front with Weber, Josi and Ellis firing from the points. We have offensive power. We're pushing 3 goals a game and are in the top 10 in scoring.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
They are awesome. I think for the cup it'll come down to do they have the top 6 to do it.

Awesome goalie. Awesome d. Outstanding bottom 6. Can the top 6 get it done? After 40 games they certainly have.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Laviolette hiring seems to be working out as well. Not exactly excited to see NSH have two offensive gamebreakers to go with their great goaltending/defense. A playoff series would be night and day compared to the 2010 series. Those two points you're ahead in standings almost as important as a playoff series. Difference between playing WPG and STL in first round.

Agree on Lavi and standings.
Hoping you and St. Louis have to duke it out...

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

3) Spamming: Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not PM or email multiple members of this site the same message. This includes "bump threads" and posts intended merely to increase one's post count. Worthless posts with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone's time. One or two word responses such as "Me Too", "I agree", "great post!", smileys not accompanied by content, links posted with no description (or an inaccurate one), and similar responses may be considered spam. Creating large blank areas in posts is spam. These are not allowed on the hockey forums. Fantasy League announcements/solicitations are to be posted in the Fantasy Talk and Hockey Video Games Forum ONLY. If you solicit on our other forums you will be given an infraction for spamming and your posts will be deleted. Moderators on the team forums are permitted to allow a fantasy league thread or two for that team's fans (e.g., NY Ranger Fans Yahoo Fantasy League). Anything beyond that must use the Fantasy forum. Only free fantasy leagues are permitted. If you're charging money for it, take out an ad.

CMDEADLY

Jun 6, 2014
3) Spamming: Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not PM or email multiple members of this site the same message. This includes "bump threads" and posts intended merely to increase one's post count. Worthless posts with no content and nonsensical posts eat up space and waste everyone's time. One or two word responses such as "Me Too", "I agree", "great post!", smileys not accompanied by content, links posted with no description (or an inaccurate one), and similar responses may be considered spam. Creating large blank areas in posts is spam. These are not allowed on the hockey forums. Fantasy League announcements/solicitations are to be posted in the Fantasy Talk and Hockey Video Games Forum ONLY. If you solicit on our other forums you will be given an infraction for spamming and your posts will be deleted. Moderators on the team forums are permitted to allow a fantasy league thread or two for that team's fans (e.g., NY Ranger Fans Yahoo Fantasy League). Anything beyond that must use the Fantasy forum. Only free fantasy leagues are permitted. If you're charging money for it, take out an ad.

The topic is the description. owo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad