Why the Predators can contend

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Top 2 goalie in world.
Top 3 dman in world. Great core of D regardless.

Just need an elite forward or 2 (perhaps Forsberg develops into one...) and IMO they are good to go.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Extrapolating out current results, the Preds would end the season with 118 points, good for the President's trophy by 5 points over ANA. Not saying this will happen, but we're halfway through the season and a lot of hockey has been played. It's pretty clear that we're a decent team. The possession point is a good one though and one people overlook when they say 2014-15 NSH = 2013-14 COL.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Predators have had a great season for sure. Be interesting to see if they can keep it up especially with Chicago and St.Louis in their division.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
They have a good shot for sure, amazing what good goaltending and some breakout forwards can do. Doubt they maintain the pace for the second half though, their schedule was on the easy end for the first part.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
James Neal to the IR will not help the run for that #1 seed. :cry:

Preds have had highly successful regular season teams before. Obtaining the franchises first ever division title would be neat but I'll be honest I don't give a crap about that. I'm glad Neal is healing up now. As long as everybody is good to go by the playoffs I'm happy.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This Blues fan thinks the Preds are legit. Really like how they play.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
They have a good shot for sure, amazing what good goaltending and some breakout forwards can do. Doubt they maintain the pace for the second half though, their schedule was on the easy end for the first part.

I disagree. I think our schedule was mainly front-loaded. We're finished with Chicago. We're almost finished with St. Louis. Sure, we've got tough games ahead, but we've got a lot more weaker teams the second half than the first half.

The challenge of course is to overcome our tendency to relax against the weaker teams and sometimes pay the price.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I disagree. I think our schedule was mainly front-loaded. We're finished with Chicago. We're almost finished with St. Louis. Sure, we've got tough games ahead, but we've got a lot more weaker teams the second half than the first half.

The challenge of course is to overcome our tendency to relax against the weaker teams and sometimes pay the price.

This- we have already played 8 games against Chicago/St. Louis, which is over 20% of our schedule. Absolutely false to say we've had a favorable schedule.

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
Am very surprised how well the Preds are doing seeing they still dont have much offensive power.

But Rinnes record 25-6-2, 2.00 goals against average and a .929 save percentage WOW.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii

This- we have already played 8 games against Chicago/St. Louis, which is over 20% of our schedule. Absolutely false to say we've had a favorable schedule.

The numbers say you are wrong. If you don't want to believe it, so be it.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
If nashville makes the cup Ill do whatever it takes to drive up there and buy tickets.

The whole city would literally lose its ****. Imagine mardi gras.

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
The numbers say you are wrong. If you don't want to believe it, so be it.

What numbers say we are wrong about the schedule? The most challenging part of the schedule moving forward is the amount of back to backs, especially from Jan 16th to Mar 3rd.

Remaining Games:

remainingjan8.png

dubgeek

Mar 1, 2012
Franklin, TN
Predators have game(s) in hand on every other team that currently has 50+points, and 3 in hand on Anaheim who is ahead of them by only 2 points. Based on points per game percentage they have the best record in the NHL.

They have more home games (where they've proven dominant thus far) remaining than 8 of those same 51+ point teams and the same number as the other two (STL and NYI).

Remaining opponents having an agregate 52% winning percentage thus far doesn't really scare me. It's probably inflated because those teams haven't played the Preds much, yet. :p:

At the current rate of points/game based on home and away records the Preds will finish with 119, SIX ahead of second place Anaheim.

It's not a prediction, just a projection based on current performance. A lot has to go right for it to play out this way.

I hope you all can forgive us Preds fans for feeling a little giddy with how things have played out thus far. It's an unfamiliar experience for us and we don't really know just how to handle it ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->