ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal

4-horsemen.jpg

Wait, does this mean Obama declares Martial Law by November 9? :help:

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Phil, come on. Bartman doesn't owe the Cubs jack****. He doesn't have to accept anything by the Cubs just because it's offered.

After 13 years, the fact that he's stayed away from the limelight, refusing bookdeals, TV appearances, hundreds of thousands of dollars, in order to remain under the radar just makes him so much more likeable.

I shouldn't say the word "should". I wouldn't want the guy doing it if he doesn't want to. Bill Buckner's wife wasn't as open as he was to mending the wounds. I understand completely if he doesn't. I just think a moment like that can bring him back into the fold. Make him welcome again. Even if he himself might still be bitter about it. The fans have no right to be bitter about him anymore, or ever, but you'd be surprised how much fans want to make amends. The guy is no different than other Cubs fans, he is just a fan, most of the time other fans get that.

What I think is that Wrigley owes him. He doesn't owe anyone, but Wrigley owes him.

I am honestly not even sure if his name is Steve Bartman anymore. He goes through his legal team now. I can't imagine everyone in his life that knows of him NOT blabbing to even one person. Look at how easy it is for things on the internet to spread. Anyway, if he really has changed his identity then there is no chance he would come out, because that is sort of the point.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He did nothing wrong.
also Bill Buckner is my hero.

Really?

Are you sure? :laugh:

Kid blatantly reached over the wall, into the field of play, and snagged a fly ball.

I still blame the ump more for ****ing up an obvious call, but if the kid had just used common sense he would have avoided being a trivia question and a hated figure in all of Baltimore.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
that world series tweet is fake, man.

it's one of those accounts that makes a bunch of predictions and deletes the ones that don't come true. there was one for the world cup a few years ago predicting the goal scorers and all that.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Jeffrey Maier should've been banned from all ballparks for 10 years

My goodness man, he was 12! The Yanks were the better team anyway. The ump should have called a double, or an out, but I think a double. I know Orioles fans won't want to hear this but while Jeter didn't deserve that home run the ball was clearly hitting the wall and not into his glove. It would have still been a double or triple off of the wall. Not saying he should have interfered with things, but he was a kid and it was the umps that messed that up. Toronto and Kansas City had much of the same thing happened to them last year in Kansas City, at Toronto's expense.

Kid blatantly reached over the wall, into the field of play, and snagged a fly ball.

I still blame the ump more for ****ing up an obvious call, but if the kid had just used common sense he would have avoided being a trivia question and a hated figure in all of Baltimore.

Not sure I would call it blatantly. Not when 10 other fan's hands were doing the same thing. It was borderline. Alou likely catches it, as I said, likely. That's two out. But let's look at this logically. Chicago has a chance to close it out in 5 games. They lose. They have a chance to get 5 more outs in Game 6 and allow 8 runs instead. They have a lead in Game 7 up until the 5th inning and choke. The amount of things the Cubs could and SHOULD have done is mind boggling. They did it to themselves.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
My goodness man, he was 12! The Yanks were the better team anyway. The ump should have called a double, or an out, but I think a double. I know Orioles fans won't want to hear this but while Jeter didn't deserve that home run the ball was clearly hitting the wall and not into his glove. It would have still been a double or triple off of the wall. Not saying he should have interfered with things, but he was a kid and it was the umps that messed that up. Toronto and Kansas City had much of the same thing happened to them last year in Kansas City, at Toronto's expense.

Not sure I would call it blatantly. Not when 10 other fan's hands were doing the same thing. It was borderline. Alou likely catches it, as I said, likely. That's two out. But let's look at this logically. Chicago has a chance to close it out in 5 games. They lose. They have a chance to get 5 more outs in Game 6 and allow 8 runs instead. They have a lead in Game 7 up until the 5th inning and choke. The amount of things the Cubs could and SHOULD have done is mind boggling. They did it to themselves.

I was referring to Maier (clear interference with a ball still in play), not Bartman (happened to be closest to a ball that was technically still in play, but in foul territory)

And yeah, that Mose-looking brat from KC enters the same level as Maier for what he did, reaching over the fence into fair territory to snag a fly ball and the umps decide it's still a home run.....which of course delights the hometown fans. :help:

His catch was even worse, as that was in a series-clinching game unlike Maier's (I think).

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I was referring to Maier (clear interference with a ball still in play), not Bartman (happened to be closest to a ball that was technically still in play, but in foul territory)

And yeah, that Mose-looking brat from KC enters the same level as Maier for what he did, reaching over the fence into fair territory to snag a fly ball and the umps decide it's still a home run.....which of course delights the hometown fans. :help:

His catch was even worse, as that was in a series-clinching game unlike Maier's (I think).

Oh okay, gotcha.

Yes, Maier's was blatant interference. No question. I'm not sure the ball is caught, but it definitely is not a home run. This was in Game 1 of the ALCS in a game that went extra innings. Now, the Yanks are the better team either way I think, but yes that was blatant. I'll give the kid a break as a 12 year old though. Still the umps' fault.

As for the Kansas City one last year..............

Erin Andrews, one of the worst interviewers ever in a sports reporter, does the interview and the kid himself is lying through his teeth as to where his glove was when he caught it. The video doesn't lie, but the kid did. Now, as a Blue Jays fan I am upset at that, but I had lots of reasons to be mad at my team either way so I never really focused on that. But you are right, it was a clinching game in the ALCS. It was Game 6. That kid leaves that ball alone, it's a double. Does it change anything? In a 6 game series that ended up being a one-run game, who knows. I just can't believe the umps didn't overturn that. I thought for sure that was going to be called back. That's baseball.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Ironically, that ALCS Game 6 had a similarity with the WS Game 7- a tying 2 run 8th inning HR (Joey Bats, like Rajai Davis, came up big with a blast to left field) followed by a rain delay that allowed one team to get up off the mat.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad