Why should the Habs acquire Evander Kane?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
So you know about the deal that went beyond the scene about Kane.
Please enlighten us!

If you want to believe that the grand jury that dismissed all the serious charges against Kane, the D.A. or prosecutor who then dropped the rest of the charges (except one minor charge) and then this taxi driver who decides not to file a civil case against young Kane (to extort more cash from Kane) were all on the take because "money talks" then go ahead and keep believing.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

im sure this was posted long ago last night but...

BrianWilde@BWildeCTV · 12h

Jets GM still shopping Kane. Heard today he talked to Habs. Interesting times.

i **** myself when i seen this....could this really happen? this would be sick.

also i have this feeling we're gonna be making a splash in free agency listening to the way bergevin spoke about it last night.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Paul Stastny will attract huge offers from about 1/2 the league. PK is unsigned. Not sure how much of an impact Bergevin will have in Free Agency.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
I would love E. Kane, to be perfectly honest you need to have a cocksure personality to survive as a player in MTL (See Subban, Price, Gallagher, Chucky) and he would fit in well.

All this "character stuff"... funny how Subban was suffering from the same thing. In fact Subban could take a lot of pressure off him.

Based on what I've seen Kane would be a success in the PO's, he moves his feet and is more than willing to do blue collar work.

Rather have E. Kane than watching a mollycoddled one-dimensional pairing get shut-down in the post-season, because they only have one way of producing.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
If we're going to pay top dollar for a young winger, I'd rather it be Taylor Hall. THAT guy would be worth going after.

Kane has potential but there's a lot more risk there.

Yeah...no, there's no way Taylor Hall gets traded unless it's a huge overpayment. He's basically Edmonton's franchise player.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Best scenario would be to trade for Kane and sign Iginla.

Make Iginla chaperon Kane.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
E.Kane would be an excellent player to trade for it all depends on the cost in players going back for him, as it's for any trade.:nod:

Remember Seguin...

But I can't for the life of me see why anyone would even consider Eller as trade bait?
Our greatest weakness is at C...
So if we aren't getting a bonafide C in return we are turning a wound into a fullscale trauma.
We are screwed with DD/Briere. We should only have one of these guys at best as a full time 4th.
MB is in a far greater dilemma than most believe. He has consistently claimed we build through youth and the draft. The problem is he just renewed a coach who clearly prefers veterans and we have nothing to offer other than this youth to acquire what we need. Catch 22

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Best scenario would be to trade for Kane and sign Iginla.

Make Iginla chaperon Kane.

:laugh:

This notion is idiotic, and laced with prejudice.

Iginla is what white people want black people to be, and you think he could make E. Kane the same way.

Problem is Iginla has nothing in common with Kane. Iginla is a product of white culture; Kane is not, and if you want to go down that route, Subban would be the far bigger influence.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
:laugh:

This notion is idiotic, and laced with prejudice.

Iginla is what white people want black people to be, and you think he could make E. Kane the same way.

Problem is Iginla has nothing in common with Kane. Iginla is a product of white culture; Kane is not, and if you want to go down that route, Subban would be the far bigger influence.

I'm talking about what kind of player Kane could be. Not the skin color.

Kane has all the tool to be Iginla 2.0

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
All I have to say is...

...look at what has become of Ribiero. Some guys' immaturity reflects their age, others, it's just their character.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah...no, there's no way Taylor Hall gets traded unless it's a huge overpayment. He's basically Edmonton's franchise player.
Dare to dream.

Max, DD and Emelin... I'd do that in a heartbeat. Still wouldn't get him.
All I say is...

...look at what has become of Ribiero. Some guys' immaturity reflects their age, others, it's just their character.
Can't believe he's that big of a ****** that they're buying out his contract. Holy...

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Can't believe he's that big of a ****** that they're buying out his contract. Holy...

I'm not really surprised though. A lot of people have experienced his character first hand in Montreal's night life.

This board doesn't allow you to give anecdotal stories about players so I'll keep them to myself.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I'm not really surprised though. A lot of people have experienced his character first hand in Montreal's night life.

This board doesn't allow you to give anecdotal stories about players so I'll keep them to myself.

screw the mods, spill that ****!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad