Post-Game Talk: Why score 3 when you only need 1?

Aug 6, 2012
You start to wonder if Nyquist is suffering similar hip issues as last year. His head is still there but his quickness and agility is not.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
EVERY TEAM HAS A TIMEOUT ANYWAY. If a team doesn't use their "hail Mary challenge", they will just use their timeout instead. It's the exact same thing to a fan. It's nothing new.

It's really not a big deal to wait through one ******** challenge a game that would have been a timeout anyway.

I don't care about the wait as much as this "oh an inconvenient goal against, let's try to review it to see if we can find some tiny irrelevant infraction somewhere" crap which turns a sport of action into the ****ing Warren Commission reviewing the Zapruder film.

It's grating because we already get so few goals these days and many games are decided by one goal. It puts the game-deciding focus on video interpretation rather than the actual game.

Actual Thought*

I don't care about the wait as much as this "oh an inconvenient goal against, let's try to review it to see if we can find some tiny irrelevant infraction somewhere" crap which turns a sport of action into the ****ing Warren Commission reviewing the Zapruder film.

It's grating because we already get so few goals these days and many games are decided by one goal. It puts the game-deciding focus on video interpretation rather than the actual game.

I agree. Video review/coach's challenge sucks. Human error has always happened and still does but the old way balanced out in my opinion.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
"I don't really dig Franzen's comment about the "Larkin hat-trick". A nose tampon, seriously? It's not just crude, it's not even amusing. Kid gets busted in the face, loses part of a tooth then scores the GWG yet again. Johan you were great but it's the Larkin show now bud!"

The thing is, it probably was a tampon. That's what we used in wrestling when someone got a bloody nose.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
No. He's a 2nd pairing D-man. And provides no offense.

But just so happens to be the Wings second best d-man. Sad commentary on the team's defence, but still I think they'd be screwed without him, especially with Kronwall out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad