Why Ryan Murray Is Expendable

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Question: If a Rebuilding team like Colorado offered us a deal like this, which realistically I probably cant see happening but I just want to see what you guys think

To Columbus: 2014 1st, 2015 1st

To Colorado: Ryan Murray

Colorado gets their long sought after Defenseman who would most likely start the season on their second line, we get 2 1sts from a rebuilding team. Guys, that could potentially be 2 top 5 picks.

Something to think about

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
No. Just stop. :shakehead

Question: If a Rebuilding team like Colorado offered us a deal like this, which realistically I probably cant see happening but I just want to see what you guys think

Colorado gets their long sought after Defenseman who would most likely start the season on their second line, we get 2 1sts from a rebuilding team. Guys, that could potentially be 2 top 5 picks.

Something to think about

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Something to think about
I Don't ****ing Care.

Screw this obsessive desire for more gambling tokens. We have a damn good prospect. Don't trade him unless it's for a honest-to-G-d bona-fide NEED.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here

Something to think about

*checks to see if Brian Burke is GM of the Avs*

nope not gonna happen.

What are you trying to accomplish with these picks???? What does the team need so badly that they need to give up Murray???

Does the team need forward prospects? They drafted 3 in the first round this past season.

Does the team need goaltending prospects? They've drafted 3 in high rounds the past 3 seasons, and they're behind some guy who just won the Vezina trophy.

Does the team need defensive prospect? Then why the heck would you trade Ryan Murray?

What is so valuable out there in the draft that it necessitates any of these trade speculations?

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
If Murray is the elite defenseman everyone said the Jackets were getting a year ago it would make no sense to trade him because he will be in a first line pairing playing 25 minutes a night within 3-4 years. While it was unfortunate that he missed last season with injury, nothing in his play can be used as evidence that he will not become a top player because he has barely played since he was drafted. If it takes a little longer to make it, the team has the depth to wait. That is a good thing, not a bad thing. Trading him for future picks just punts out the value of the #2 overall pick from 2012 even further.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
One of the things I liked most about Murray is what the Coach said about him during rookie camp his draft year: "Incredibly quick decisions".

Murray is at that point a potential #1 defensman on a top time, with long term all-star potential. Will he reach that potential? Who knows. But I can't see trading him just because we have depth at defense. Depth is, after all, a new problem for the Columbus Blue Jackets.

My view is he should start out in Springfield and shake off the rust, win the job. We know there will be injuries. Wiz alone may guarantee that. He'll get his chance down the road, and the team loses less if we bring up guys like him and Golubef.

Will I trade Murray? Sure, if Alex Ovechkin becomes available. Somehow I don't think that will happen though. Is David Savard expendable? Absolutely.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

Something to think about

Are you reading the replies these past few days? The idea of trading Murray is just silly. Please just stop this nonsense.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA

Something to think about

Aaron Ekblad is the best defenseman we could get out of this. Aaron Ekblad is not as good as Ryan Murray.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Aaron Ekblad is the best defenseman we could get out of this. Aaron Ekblad is not as good as Ryan Murray.

Ekblad may be comparable to Murray in the long run, but is not as mature as Murray was in his draft year. We'd be selling off two or three years and only getting a guy who might be as good. Doesn't make sense at all, really ... even if they are close.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Something to think about

OK- i thought about it. NO

NO:shakehead

Do you want this team to remain in a perpetual rebuild mode?

The only way I trade Murray to the Avs is for Mackinnon or Landeskog. No picks, no prospects, no futures.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Murray should make the team out of camp IMO. Nikitin and Savard better be > than Melart & Prout; or they will be the ones moving @ deadline.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Something to think about

I wouldn't do that.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Why would a rebuilding team offer its next 2 1st round picks? Sure Toronto did but that was stupid and for a more established player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00