Why Ovi is actually Brett Hull

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Well said

Lol no it's not. Beyond the fact that Ovechkin is Top 100 in assists, he creates opportunities for others simply by being on the ice and having a stick in a shooting position. He turns every power play almost into a 4 on 3 simply by being out there.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Lol no it's not. Beyond the fact that Ovechkin is Top 100 in assists, he creates opportunities for others simply by being on the ice and having a stick in a shooting position. He turns every power play almost into a 4 on 3 simply by being out there.
Yea hes pretty good.

I would take him or Brett Hull on my first unit any day.

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
I went to Isles-Caps last night. My first live game in well over a year. Reminded me again what I knew already: Ovi is a wrecking ball out there. He's such a force, just being on the ice with his hits and how he throws his weight around. I can't think of another player whos been better in defining the role of "Power Forward".

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
That is your opinion, we can disagree.

Ovechkin is the active leader in Goals Created and 15th all-time in Goals Created Per Game. Crosby is 13th and the gap between them is 0.003. Ironically Brett and Bobby are 16th and 17th.

No stat is perfect by any stretch of course but this idea there's some huge gap is incorrect. They're all elite offensive players.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Ovechkin is the active leader in Goals Created and 15th all-time in Goals Created Per Game. Crosby is 13th and the gap between them is 0.003. Ironically Brett and Bobby are 16th and 17th.

No stat is perfect by any stretch of course but this idea there's some huge gap is incorrect. They're all elite offensive players.
We can agree to disagree and that is fine.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
It amazes me the disrespect Brett Hull gets around here. For some reason a lot of Canadians hate him because they think he shunned Canada when that’s not at all accurate. Hull was one of the greatest snipers of all time and should be remembered for how great he was. His one timer was absolutely insane as was his ability to find open space despite being an average skater. It’s also amazing that he was able to achieve all that success under the pressure of being Bobby Hulls son.

Reactions: Hatfield

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I went to Isles-Caps last night. My first live game in well over a year. Reminded me again what I knew already: Ovi is a wrecking ball out there. He's such a force, just being on the ice with his hits and how he throws his weight around. I can't think of another player whos been better in defining the role of "Power Forward".

He was playing aggressively last night. He came down from the blue line at the end of a Caps PP to drill Pulock into the end boards while Pulock was trying to clear the puck out.

I think this is a defining edge for him in the playoffs, he played like that during the entire 2018 Cup run and he obviously scored goals as his usual rate too.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Lol no.

Did Brett Hull win 3 MVPs, 3 Pearsons, did he lead the league in PPG three years no. Did he ever win an Art Ross? No. Alright, case closed.

Eh Ovi's prime is obviously superior but Hulls big year is easily on the level of any of Ovechkin's seasons.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Hulls peak season is probably the best goal scoring season ever, but OV's 07/08 isn't too far behind. Other than that there's nothing really to debate between them, OV was a way better player for peak, prime and career. OV vs Bobby Hull is the real debate.

Reactions: Joe McGrath

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Brett Hull was a better hockey player. As an old man he was a reliable 30 goal man as well as good defensively. In terms of complete play Ovie is passable. But watching Hull play in his prime i still take him over prime Ovie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad