Why not sign a monster huge 6'6 or 6'7 defenceman?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I think that one of the main reasons that Brandon Carlo was rated so highly is because he is a huge man that can actually skate. I'm curious to see how his career unfolds. He definitely has Hall Gill potential (not Chara though....missing the offence).

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
There are a few out there like Oliver Lauridsen 6'6, Matt Konan 6'4, Brett Bellemore 6'4, and Taylor Doherty 6'8 leafs can use some size and physicality on defence, if we're going to have a team that's not expected to win many games why not at least make other teams afraid of playing against us.:yo:

I prefer guys who can move pucks over guys who can move bodies.

YOYOTCROSTER*

Great thread. No one fears with Leafs. One guy will not do it but it would help. No one wants an enforcer but a big mean defence like Pronger or Chara who rattles your head into the glass and shakes up your teeth would make some sense. This is a small soft team and drafted kids are much the same. Hopefully they get someone who can strike some fear into forwards who want to take the puck to our net. Only guy who hits occasionally was Phaneuf but he really is not strong enough. Franson was a big man but a big man who can't skate (slowest player in nhl) and who is not nasty is a waste of time and space.

buttman*

There are a few out there like Oliver Lauridsen 6'6, Matt Konan 6'4, Brett Bellemore 6'4, and Taylor Doherty 6'8 leafs can use some size and physicality on defence, if we're going to have a team that's not expected to win many games why not at least make other teams afraid of playing against us.:yo:

The giraffe is neither the toughest or the fastest animal in the jungle.

Turk Broda

Jun 2, 2009
I remember Bobby Valabik getting hyped up. Boy, that didn't work out too well for Atlanta.

Neither did the next two picks in that 2004 draft. And as many posters have already stated, Chara took many years to develop his game. When he came into the league his skating wasn't that great.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I don't think there's one out there that fits the criteria .. If there is take the discussion to the FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad