Why not sign a monster huge 6'6 or 6'7 defenceman?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
There are a few out there like Oliver Lauridsen 6'6, Matt Konan 6'4, Brett Bellemore 6'4, and Taylor Doherty 6'8 leafs can use some size and physicality on defence, if we're going to have a team that's not expected to win many games why not at least make other teams afraid of playing against us.:yo:

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
obvious answer is these guys can't skate and it's a completely different direction from what Shanny/Hunter/Dubas have been preaching.

Detroit did okay for a while without enforcers, the league finally caught up.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
There are a few out there like Oliver Lauridsen 6'6, Matt Konan 6'4, Brett Bellemore 6'4, and Taylor Doherty 6'8 leafs can use some size and physicality on defence, if we're going to have a team that's not expected to win many games why not at least make other teams afraid of playing against us.:yo:

Better yet why not draft some hulking defenders like this gem at #10?

Boris_Valabik.png

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
They can't skate and they are HUGE projects (no pun intended). There's a reason Chara was a 3rd rounder and subsequently took a very long time to emerge as an elite defender.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I'm 6'7 250 lbs. I will send you a tape of me playing hockey. All the reason you need to not sign someone just based on size

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
We should start breeding our own dying species. Give many new nutrients and great food and get big huge power players. They would be love with the cocoo. It doesn't matter if a player is slow he can pound that other guy down. And if he doesn't catch the other guy then only then he can pound that sucker down with that stick.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
For the most part those larger defenceman handle the puck like a grenade. Babcocks system will phase those type of D out.

Polak may become the first victim on the backend.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
For the most part those larger defenceman handle the puck like a grenade. Babcocks system will phase those type of D out.

Polak may become the first victim on the backend.

You should go look at the very big d-men babcock deployed in detroit before you start stereotyping his preferences as a coach.

This post of yours isn't reasonable to me. Where are you coming up with this stuff from? Its wrong enough to call you on.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Some of these threads lately. Honestly. Lets have some respect for the blue and white, we're trying to not be a joke anymore.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
That's a pretty horrible list of players to be honest. And being big doesn't mean you're tough to play against. But I would like to see at least a few players on the roster that are willing to drop the gloves and stand up for teammates. We didn't have that last year and it was brutal to watch. You'd think with the team being in a position to suck there would be room for a few of these guys but they seem to be stocking up on 25 point midgets instead

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
To be honest I would actually love to have a couple Tinordis/Oleksiaks in our system, there's always a chance something clicks and you have a very serviceable tower on the backend. It's the Chara factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland