Why Not Move Perron to Center?

Hockey Monkey

Oct 4, 2011
How much center did he actually play is my point? The guy has a total of a 100 or so draws in his career. To me that just shows that the guy took the draw the odd time when a guy got kicked out. I just don't see any evidence of him actually playing center at the pro ranks.

I'd guess parts of maybe...10 games? They were rotating Perron, Oshie, Backes, Steen, and Berglund through 2/3 center all that year with Tkachuk and McClement taking a lot of the faceoffs.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd guess parts of maybe...10 games? They were rotating Perron, Oshie, Backes, Steen, and Berglund through 2/3 center all that year with Tkachuk and McClement taking a lot of the faceoffs.

That doesn't really help the cause for moving Perron to center for me. Everyone damn near played center at some point in their career, but there is a reason that guys end up on the wing. Quite rare for a guy to have 400+ games under his belt and then convert to center.

It could happen, but I highly doubt it. Rather not **** with one of the few bright spots of the season.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I say no simply because he looks the most comfortable on the wing. I'd much rather deal Eberle for a defensively responsible, right handed center (we could've had Johansen for him a while back so I'll use him as the example) and go with:

Hall-Johansen-Yakupov
Ritchie-RNH-Perron

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I say no simply because he looks the most comfortable on the wing. I'd much rather deal Eberle for a defensively responsible, right handed center (we could've had Johansen for him a while back so I'll use him as the example) and go with:

Hall-Johansen-Yakupov
Ritchie-RNH-Perron

Could've is the key word there, there's no way in hell that they make that trade today. Last year I was calling for a Gagner for Johansen trade and a number of people here thought that I was off my freaking rocker.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Could've is the key word there, there's no way in hell that they make that trade today. Last year I was calling for a Gagner for Johansen trade and a number of people here thought that I was off my freaking rocker.

We really don't know if CBJ would've taken that deal anyway. Unlike Oiler fans I don't think GM's are willing to move 20 year old top 5 picks that quickly unless they are getting an overpayment.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We really don't know if CBJ would've taken that deal anyway. Unlike Oiler fans I don't think GM's are willing to move 20 year old top 5 picks that quickly unless they are getting an overpayment.

No we don't but there was a lot of smoke around RJ last year so IMO it would've been easier to land him last year than it is right now.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Our second line should just be
Yak - Perron - Schultz

The road to success is to challenge players by putting players in off positions.

McDavidson

#Jultzing
Mar 18, 2013
I still don't get why it is so difficult, for someone with better numbers to take the draw, and have a guy like Perron play Center, after the faceoff.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No we don't but there was a lot of smoke around RJ last year so IMO it would've been easier to land him last year than it is right now.

Sure, that can be said with most prospects though doesn't mean teams will just give them away.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I still don't get why it is so difficult, for someone with better numbers to take the draw, and have a guy like Perron play Center, after the faceoff.

The fact that Perron hasn't played center makes me wonder why you'd even put him there. Seems like a cluster**** to have someone take draws only to be replaced by a guy that is a natural center.

What is that accomplishing?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Because.................. Oilers.

What gets me if people ripped Eakins for putting Perron on the opposite wing or Yak on the opposite wing. Yet isn't putting him at center worse?

I mean if Perron is at center tonight with Gagner and Hall on his wing, people would rip Eakins for being an idiot.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
What gets me if people ripped Eakins for putting Perron on the opposite wing or Yak on the opposite wing. Yet isn't putting him at center worse?

I mean if Perron is at center tonight with Gagner and Hall on his wing, people would rip Eakins for being an idiot.

Team is near the bottom again. All looks hopeless again. People need to vent about something, just human nature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad