Why not just go back to the lines that worked?

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
At the start of the season we were killing it with

Drai-97-kassian
?-93-Neal
Whoever.....

With powerplay the top line players were playing 30 minutes a night and for those thirty minutes we were the best team in the league....

Then injuries came and we shifted the lines. Every line shift has made us perform worse... The injuries are all healed up. Why don't we go back?

Anyone have a logical reason why?

Imagine having the best scoring duo in modern NHL, and not playing them together. Losing game by a goal or two.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
for me we are seeing and learning just what we have outside of Leon and McDavid.

We have 2 Gods and 10 poppers up front

This time last year, I would have went after anyone suggesting to trade Nuge. But my view has now changed. IF IF IF Hall is on the market on July 1st 2020, we move Nuges contract to sign him.

This is a topic that will piss a few people off. Hall will want between 8 to 10 and the only way the oilers can do that is if they move Nuges contract. Neal would need retention. Nuge does enough were we would not need to retain money
99% of Kassians out put comes from who he plays with

we in cap hell and will be in cap hell for 2 more seasons

Only Leon and McDavid are earning their money. They are the new Gretz and Kurri.

Problem is we do not have Mess and Anderson on the 2nd line or a third line with Hughes/Hunter

we have lots of plugs on this team

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
RNH is hurt
I sure hope sound if that's the case, sit him so he can heal and then be more than a doorstop out there. That sounds like a weird wish, but if this really is him, then.....see ya Nuge.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
I think you forgot that before injuries took place the last while the two big guns played together they continuously failed to PASS the puck into the net...

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
for me we are seeing and learning just what we have outside of Leon and McDavid.

We have 2 Gods and 10 poppers up front

This time last year, I would have went after anyone suggesting to trade Nuge. But my view has now changed. IF IF IF Hall is on the market on July 1st 2020, we move Nuges contract to sign him.

This is a topic that will piss a few people off. Hall will want between 8 to 10 and the only way the oilers can do that is if they move Nuges contract. Neal would need retention. Nuge does enough were we would not need to retain money
99% of Kassians out put comes from who he plays with

we in cap hell and will be in cap hell for 2 more seasons

Only Leon and McDavid are earning their money. They are the new Gretz and Kurri.

Problem is we do not have Mess and Anderson on the 2nd line or a third line with Hughes/Hunter

we have lots of plugs on this team

I take RNH over Hall any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Reactions: AM and Consultant

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
At the start of the season we were killing it with

Drai-97-kassian
?-93-Neal
Whoever.....

With powerplay the top line players were playing 30 minutes a night and for those thirty minutes we were the best team in the league....

Then injuries came and we shifted the lines. Every line shift has made us perform worse... The injuries are all healed up. Why don't we go back?

Anyone have a logical reason why?

Imagine having the best scoring duo in modern NHL, and not playing them together. Losing game by a goal or two.
93-Neal has NEVER worked.
0 goals when the other assisted at ES
Drai-McD-Kass
Chiasson-Gagner-Neal
Khaira-Nuge-Haas
Nygard-Sheahan-Archibald

Reactions: fuswald

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Have you really not learned from the past 15 years of failure that rushing prospects in desperation just continues the trend?
15 2nd rounder picks have seen NHL action from Bensons draft year giving him a cup of coffee in the NHL when literally no winger has done anything to hold him down is equally as stupid.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
15 2nd rounder picks have seen NHL action from Bensons draft year giving him a cup of coffee in the NHL when literally no winger has done anything to hold him down is equally as stupid.

The team is back to tire fire status. Keep the kids way from it. A cup of coffee right now serves no real purpose.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Have you really not learned from the past 15 years of failure that rushing prospects in desperation just continues the trend?

Something is off here my friend. Back in Ottawa we never had a problem icing playoff teams once we got going.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Benson lost a ton of development time due to injury after he was drafted. I think we see him at some point this year though.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Benson lost a ton of development time due to injury after he was drafted. I think we see him at some point this year though.

cant wait. Why not do as last year. Bring up 3- 4 of the AHL:ers at the same time to make a statement to some of the forwards. Send down Gagner, Manning, Nygård, and bring up Benson, Gambardella, Currie. And give them some games.

Reactions: Faelko

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
cant wait. Why not do as last year. Bring up 3- 4 of the AHL:ers at the same time to make a statement to some of the forwards. Send down Gagner, Manning, Nygård, and bring up Benson, Gambardella, Currie. And give them some games.

What statement is that making exactly?

That the Oilers are tanking for another high pick while subjecting kids to a losing culture?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad