Why is Kypreos the only guy on RC's Case?

WinB4IDIE

Oct 22, 2007
Ontario
Kypreos needs all player on his side to do his job so he goes after all management and lets his partner in crime Doug MacLean goes after the players its all an act.

I don't know if he has any insider info on the team...but it seems that Kypreos has been all over RC for quite a long time now. Not being able to adapt his system to the players is probably the biggest downfall of RC's tenure.

I hate to say the Ron Wilson had more coaching ability (without a Cup) than RC...but it sure looks like it now.

Either the players tune him out becausehe won't hold his star players accountable for their mistakes...or he just lost the room a long time ago for some other reason.:shakehead

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Kypreos needs all player on his side to do his job so he goes after all management and lets his partner in crime Doug MacLean goes after the players its all an act.

Pretty much this. Kyper is SOOOOO Pro Player and anti Management. He drove me crazy during the lockout. It's easy to go after the coach after all. But when all's said and done, they will fire the coach, make a few minimal changes, and we'll all, including Kypreos, realize that until many of the players are changed, the same results will occur next season.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
This team has

No bonefide #1 Center
No bonefide #1 Defenseman
Weak secondary scoring
Bad Leadership

Start with moving passengers off the team.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
This team has

No bonefide #1 Center
No bonefide #1 Defenseman
Weak secondary scoring
Bad Leadership

Start with moving passengers off the team.

Yup...Bang On. But it's all Carlyle's fault!

I like Randy, but he will be fired. 1) The players we have are not suited to any style he wants to preach & 2) He seems like the kind of guy who doesn't know how to relate well to this new generation of Hockey Player. These multi Millionaire, play when I feel like, players are certainly nowhere near the quality that was around back in Randy's playing days. So, as much as I like Randy, sadly he will pay for the season, and the mediocre millionaires like Clarkson, Phaneuf, Lupul, and Kadri will continue to make millions, and continue to do little to help this team win. If Phil wasn't Top 5 in scoring, I would certainly lump him in there as well due to his horrendous ability to give the puck away.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Toronto's media needs to run out Carlyle and Nonis like Vancouver did with Gilles and are doing with Torts.

You guys ever hear the vancouver media talk to Torts? After just 1 bad season every reporter is asking Torts whether he's going to get fired, whether this is the last game he's going to coach, whether he's here next season etc.

the only bad thing i've heard reporters ask Carlyle is why the shot differential was so bad tonight or why he's been saying the same "We need to play to a higher level" for the whole season yet the team still plays like crap.

I wana see some repoters ask Carlyle some of the questions Torts is getting asked.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Toronto's media needs to run out Carlyle and Nonis like Vancouver did with Gilles and are doing with Torts.

You guys ever hear the vancouver media talk to Torts? After just 1 bad season every reporter is asking Torts whether he's going to get fired, whether this is the last game he's going to coach, whether he's here next season etc.

the only bad thing i've heard reporters ask Carlyle is why the shot differential was so bad tonight or why he's been saying the same "We need to play to a higher level" for the whole season yet the team still plays like crap.

I wana see some repoters ask Carlyle some of the questions Torts is getting asked.

The big difference is that Vancouver actually has many decent pieces and should be a playoff team. And only one season in, with all the injuries they had, Torts isn't the reason the Canucks didn't do well.

Where as here in Toronto, nobody asks those questions...look at the players we have. NOBODY has the answers here, not even the coach. Carlyle will ultimately pay the price. But with this group of heartless, gutless players, will it matter who the coach is? It wasn't coaching that lost them 8 in a row!

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
do we know for sure that our "secondary scoring" is up to league snuff?

I mean it's easy to just spew out and deflect critics away from our beloved stars but are our "secondary numbers" that bad?

I see 3 secondary's tickling the 20 goal range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad