Why is all of Canada celebrating????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Oh please; hockey is a business; pro sports is a business. I'm glad that Canada gets another hockey team where it will be supported. Nashville had a chance for 10 years and didn't draw even with a winning team.

Save the bleeding hearts and flowing tears for the people in Darfur or Uganda that are being impaled with machetes via their genitals. Give me a break -- all this guilt-tripping some people are trying to throw here are comical.

Tragedy my butt. Darfur is a tragedy. Nashville-Hamilton is business.

With the number of strawmen in this post, you could start your own amateur production of the Wizard of Oz.

The Muffin Stud

Mar 3, 2007
Layton, Utah
Oh please; hockey is a business; pro sports is a business. I'm glad that Canada gets another hockey team where it will be supported. Nashville had a chance for 10 years and didn't draw even with a winning team.

Save the bleeding hearts and flowing tears for the people in Darfur or Uganda that are being impaled with machetes via their genitals. Give me a break -- all this guilt-tripping some people are trying to throw here are comical.

:handclap:What are you doing for dinner?

sticknrink

Aug 17, 2006
London
With the number of strawmen in this post, you could start your own amateur production of the Wizard of Oz.

Maybe I went off the rails a bit but I'm sick and tired of Nashville or American fans telling Canadians that they should feel guilty about celebrating the fact that Canada may get another NHL team.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Maybe I went off the rails a bit but I'm sick and tired of Nashville or American fans telling Canadians that they should feel guilty about celebrating the fact that Canada may get another NHL team.

I agree with you up to a point. I understand that this is all business, I've seen teams move before, and unless it was a team leaving (or coming to) my area, it's not a big deal as far as my rooting interests are concerned.

However, note that this thread was started by a Nashville fan. Frankly, I think that he's justified in being upset about this whole thing.

lemieux32*

Thanks for providing an excellent example of what I was talking about.:handclap:

GSC2k2*

Wow, what a tremendous perspective you have ... :shakehead

How about this? Save your "gladness" for those destitute people in the third world who are lifted from their misery by the United Way or some other such group. Why should you be so glad about such a meaningless thing as where hockey franchises are located when there are people out there suffering? Better yet, why not get out there and help? Why are you wasting time with such frivolities as hockey or (even more frivolous) hockey discussion boards? :sarcasm:

By the way, that was overt sarcasm. I suspect that I have to explain that to you. Talk about "comical".

BrianSTC

May 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Anyone sad about the "possibility" that the Predators "might" move...

How about this for a solution...

BUY tickets.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm from Quebec city and do not want the Preds to leave. Whatever you look at it it sucks big time considering it's a relatively new place for hockey and it's an audience that could have been built over the years. Mainly I think those fans were great and enthousiastic and they don't deserve what is happening to them. Sure I would want Quebec and Winnipeg to have a team back..I want Hamilton too but how about not throwing Nashville under the bus at the same time.

BrianSTC

May 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm sad, other fans are sad, we are buying tickets and so am I.

Then, as a fan, that is all you can really do.

Remember, they haven't moved anywhere yet and they won't move if they get fan support.

Wetcoaster

Anyone sad about the "possibility" that the Predators "might" move...

How about this for a solution...

BUY tickets.
Actually more to the point...

Message to the corporate sector in Nashville:

BUY PREMIUM PRICED tickets.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I love hockey.

Plus, thank you Canada for inventing this great sport. My great-grandmother (from Nova Scotia) would be proud that this born and raised California boy is so into hockey.

Additionally, I love playing hockey.

And more more thing, this Nationalism crap is out of hand. As citizens, alot of us Americans and Canadians are the same. Just because our governments are different, doesn't mean we are.

Furthermore, I love hockey. :teach:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I love hockey.

Plus, thank you Canada for inventing this great sport. My great-grandmother (from Nova Scotia) would be proud that this born and raised California boy is so into hockey.

Additionally, I love playing hockey.

And more more thing, this Nationalism crap is out of hand. As citizens, alot of us Americans and Canadians are the same. Just because our governments are different, doesn't mean we are.

Furthermore, I love hockey. :teach:

Cool post dude.

I think Canadian fans are more disgusted by Bettman than anything else. The guy has branded the torch of expansion but then Canada lost teams and the game itself got diluded by the addition of so many teams while the players got richer. All of this in the name of getting a US tv deal. And they never got one and never will.

Personaly though, I think it's great that more people discover and like hockey. More people joins our party so to speak.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
But like I said in the original post Why are you and many other in Canada celebrating? When you don't live in Hamilton or Nashville, so it does not actually concern you. If it's Business like you said then why are so many people (mostly in the Canadaian media) making it a personal issue and ripping Predator fans for not supporting their team or saying "they had their chance" (both statements are completely false BTW). Noone knew this was going to happen and we were lied to and told the team would never move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
But like I said in the original post Why are you and many other in Canada celebrating? When you don't live in Hamilton or Nashville, so it does not actually concern you.

Well, I hope you haven't gone begging for support, based on the same principle.

Like it or not, it does concern everyone. Every hockey fan has a right to an opinion, and a right to cheer for either Hamilton or Nashville, or both, or neither, and for whatever reasons they choose. You may not like it, but that is your problem, not ours.

Frankly, I'm not going to offer hollow support. I could care less about Nashville's future in the NHL. Stay, go, whatever. I've offered ideas and thoughts that would lead to the Preds staying, the Preds leaving, and both cities landing the NHL.

However, I do find the idea of an NHL team in Hamilton very interesting. A Hamilton team would significantly alter how the Leafs and Sabres do business. It would redefine the division and conference landscape. It would generate conflicts in the Centre of the Universe. It would play into the arguments of how much revenue Canada generates, etc.

Nashville represents the status quo. Hamilton represents an unknown dynamic. Personally, I would like to see how that future pans out. Whether Nashville is around in this future or not, I frankly don't care.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Remember,that when the Jets moved to Phoenix, the Canadian dollar was = to about 60 cents U.S. so in a smaller Canadian hockey market the ownership were loosing big time.now fast foreward today where the Preds are loosing $$$$$$ hand over first and now the Canadian $ is worth almost a much as the American $.it makes perfect sense for him to move the team to Ontario right where he runs R.I.M. makers of the Blackberry.the NHL doesn't want to see a team fold so Baisille would make a great owner.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
But like I said in the original post Why are you and many other in Canada celebrating? When you don't live in Hamilton or Nashville, so it does not actually concern you. I

So only people who actually live in Nashville or Hamilton are allowed to have an opinion on this? Cause I'm pretty sure there are people outside of Nashville who don't want to see the Predators leave... or should their opinions be irrelevant as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad