Why don't the Bruins do a Teddy Bear Toss?

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
basically, it's a similar thing to what a the teddy bear toss is: the difference is it's your regulation practice pucks that you see some players flip the pucks over the dasher/glass to fans.... the difference is there's a target usually at the center dot where you have 30 sec to a minute and a half to hit the target.... if you land near or on the target, you get a pre-determined prize, very similiar to the Ice Girls shooting t-shirts out of a minature cannon as far as they can shoot it
they are generally made of soft squishy foam to prevent injury. same material as stress balls

Reactions: talkinaway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
they are generally made of soft squishy foam to prevent injury. same material as stress balls

I was so excited last year - I headed down to the loge near the end of the last regular season game, and the Bruins were skating around celebrating and giving their shirts. They started tossing pucks over the glass, and I finally managed to grab one...

...only to find that it was a cheap squishy foam puck. I mean, makes sense, because hey we’re throwing so many of them rapid-fire, especially at kids. You don’t do that with rubber.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
NHL certainly loves its gimmicks, so wouldn't it be something if they made it that teams having to play through the teddy bears all over on the ice in OT instead of 3on3?!

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Missed our junior team`s toss on Saturday night, think I read over 6,000 bears though which is great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad