Why doesn't McDavid get the same hate a young Crosby did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That's a hell of a highlight reel to remind people why Crosby gets so much hate. :laugh:

I think it highlights my favorite part of Crosby. He is a punk that'll play whatever way he has to. He'll win in the corners throwing cheap shots. Love it. I'd much rather watch a superstar like Crosby play like that than any of the other boring players we've had trying to hold that crown.

Also, name a time Crosby hasn't backed up his ********. He's arguably the most decorated player of his generation in basically international and NHL play.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I think it highlights my favorite part of Crosby. He is a punk that'll play whatever way he has to. He'll win in the corners throwing cheap shots. Love it. I'd much rather watch a superstar like Crosby play like that than any of the other boring players we've had trying to hold that crown.

Also, name a time Crosby hasn't backed up his ********. He's arguably the most decorated player of his generation in basically international and NHL play.

I actually agree with you. I've always been a Crosby fan, never a hater. He did what he had to do. Especially back during his early years when infractions were called. McDavid could dive his way to calls near every shift but there's no reason to, obstruction isn't really called anymore.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
He's not a whiney little pissant like Crosby was when he came into the NHL.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Crosby was a whiny self entitled brat and was shoved down our throats by media (and still is) far more than McDavid has.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Because this is how McDavid reacts to the refs explanation of an offside call that was actually onside by about 3 feet in the dying seconds of a 1 goal game, while Crosby constantly whined to refs at that age.

TOqeyTD.gif

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That's a hell of a highlight reel to remind people why Crosby gets so much hate. :laugh:

Still my favourite video haha. Now I remember why I hated Crosby so much when he came into the league. I always knew he was the best player in the league, but god did I ever have a hard time cheering for him when he was pulling all that crap.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
1. Less likeable due to whining, diving and all the hype.

2. He was more dominant = a more annoying opponent.

3. He was drafted right after the lockout season and the Pens were extremely lucky to win that lottery.

YngwieJ86

Mar 30, 2016
Well Crosby was and is super talented, outspoken guy who carries himself with poise. Also one of the biggest reasons for conscious and subconscious hate is the fact that he's on top of these facts really really handsome guy. Also rich

McDavid is awkward looking little boy whos small shoulders seem to weigh his whole stature down.
He's this 'cute' looking boy in your class that everybody likes but he's never going to threaten your position with girls. Obviously super talented but doesn't really have anything else going for him.

Pretty much that in a nutshell, one of the basic human features that causes hate. Envy and boiled frustration of being too lazy to capitalize on own potential in own life ✌️

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well Crosby was and is super talented, outspoken guy who carries himself with poise. Also one of the biggest reasons for conscious and subconscious hate is the fact that he's on top of these facts really really handsome guy. Also rich ��

McDavid is awkward looking little boy whos small shoulders seem to weigh his whole stature down.
He's this 'cute' looking boy in your class that everybody likes but he's never going to threaten your position with girls. Obviously super talented but doesn't really have anything else going for him.

Pretty much that in a nutshell, one of the basic human features that causes hate. Envy and boiled frustration of being too lazy to capitalize on own potential in own life ��✌️

After reading this post I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're somewhere between the age of 14 and 18.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Because after watching him skate once when he was 11, Wayne said Crosby would break his records.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
My god, crosby was one feisty little trouble maker. I now understand why philly fans hate him and the pens so much.

Thanks for that amazing video btw!

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The hate will come.

Probably as soon as this season.

Okay. But you have to mention why.

Well Crosby was and is super talented, outspoken guy who carries himself with poise. Also one of the biggest reasons for conscious and subconscious hate is the fact that he's on top of these facts really really handsome guy. Also rich ��

Pretty much that in a nutshell, one of the basic human features that causes hate. Envy and boiled frustration of being too lazy to capitalize on own potential in own life ��✌️

I have no idea what you're taking about. Small shoulders weighing him down? Super talented but has nothing else going for him? :huh: The only thing I get out of this is you're judging McDavid's..........looks? Please tell me I'm wrong. :laugh:

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Because McDavid wasn't as hyped....

I think I recall people referring to Crosby as the best since Gretzky, or something like that...

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
People already hate him. Although it's mainly because of a few things.

1. He was hyped and over covered by the media (in Canada).
2. Because he went 1st overall to the Oilers instead of (insert team here).
3. He was the Oilers 4th 1st overall within a short time frame.
4. The fabricated Eichel vs McDavid rivalry.
5. Simply because he is an Oiler.

And lastly, because he is so good.

As for why Crosby got more hate? Every team had a shot at him and he went to the Pens.

He instantly became the face of the NHL.

He had a reputation for complaining to the refs. And for me personally he just seems very smug.

Lastly of course, because he is the best player in the world. For now. :naughty:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The title basically says it all. People (obviously not everyone) simply seem to like McDavid more than they did Crosby after his rookie season. I think a lot of people have warmed up to Crosby in recent years but it hadn't always been this way. Why is that?

What is McDavid doing right? Or what was Crosby doing wrong?

Don't mix up hate and being annoyed by the hype in the media. I'm still annoyed by the Crosby hype and I'm already annoyed by the McDavid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad