Why doesn't McDavid get the same hate a young Crosby did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
The title basically says it all. People (obviously not everyone) simply seem to like McDavid more than they did Crosby after his rookie season. I think a lot of people have warmed up to Crosby in recent years but it hadn't always been this way. Why is that?

What is McDavid doing right? Or what was Crosby doing wrong?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Crosby came across as a bit of a whiner early in his career on the ice. McDavid doesn't have that reputation as of yet.

He'll get his fair share of hate though I'm sure.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Crosby was kind of a *****, to be honest.

I mean, he was 18 and he's grown a ton, and I actually quite like him now.

McDavid on the other hand just comes off as rather shy.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
McDavid is on a terrible team and hasn't had any success yet. He hasn't even had the chance for most people to form an opinion.

Hard to hate on pure potential as is. The hate will come as long as the pity doesn't override it

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Because he's a very modest person and doesn't whine.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
we got the unmitigated privilege of watching Crosby play the Rangers every single Sunday on NBC, whereas no American network will ever broadcast an Edmonton game (and rightfully so)

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I hated Crosby because he was the next best thing and he didn't play on my team. That simple

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I think people forget that Crosby was known for being a whiner and a diver during his ELC years. I've yet to see McDavid act in that way, so I'd imagine that's why.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I think people forget that Crosby was known for being a whiner and a diver during his ELC years. I've yet to see McDavid act in that way, so I'd imagine that's why.

Crosby plays along the boards where other players slashed him every chance they got with no penalty called. McDavid doesn't play that way and hasn't had to deal with cheapshots every game, so no reason for McDavid to whine or dive

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Crosby went from being a whiny ***** to being a pretty boring hockey player. McDavid is starting as the most boring person I've ever seen.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
League messed it up too when they made the decision that Crosby has different rules than other players.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Crosby went from being a whiny ***** to being a pretty boring hockey player. McDavid is starting as the most boring person I've ever seen.

:laugh: Can't disagree (off ice) but when he has the puck... you know... he's not all that boring. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad