Why doesn't McDavid get the same hate a young Crosby did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Well Crosby was and is super talented, outspoken guy who carries himself with poise. Also one of the biggest reasons for conscious and subconscious hate is the fact that he's on top of these facts really really handsome guy. Also rich ��

McDavid is awkward looking little boy whos small shoulders seem to weigh his whole stature down.
He's this 'cute' looking boy in your class that everybody likes but he's never going to threaten your position with girls. Obviously super talented but doesn't really have anything else going for him.

Pretty much that in a nutshell, one of the basic human features that causes hate. Envy and boiled frustration of being too lazy to capitalize on own potential in own life ��✌️
Lmao.

I'm pretty sure that McDavid gets just about as much "girls" as he wants, BTW.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well Crosby was and is super talented, outspoken guy who carries himself with poise. Also one of the biggest reasons for conscious and subconscious hate is the fact that he's on top of these facts really really handsome guy. Also rich ��

McDavid is awkward looking little boy whos small shoulders seem to weigh his whole stature down.
He's this 'cute' looking boy in your class that everybody likes but he's never going to threaten your position with girls. Obviously super talented but doesn't really have anything else going for him.

Pretty much that in a nutshell, one of the basic human features that causes hate. Envy and boiled frustration of being too lazy to capitalize on own potential in own life ��✌️

Please, he has plenty going for him. He's in a band.

1297884447649_ORIGINAL.jpg

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
1. Crosby had scored more than 50 points in season.

2. People still feel sorry for McDavid going to Edmonton

Give it time. Between running up 100 point seasons and whining to refs (captain) McDavid will start to draw more attention.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
The title basically says it all. People (obviously not everyone) simply seem to like McDavid more than they did Crosby after his rookie season. I think a lot of people have warmed up to Crosby in recent years but it hadn't always been this way. Why is that?

What is McDavid doing right? Or what was Crosby doing wrong?

A player has to earn that hate. If he whines and acts like Crosby while being force fed to everyone as the face of the league then he will be just as hated. He also has to be as good as Crosby and I am not so sure that he will do any of those things yet.

Internet Explorer

Better than Chrome
Sep 14, 2009
Internet
Well imo it started with the speculative draft. Then the jealousy.

It didn't help that Crosby was a whiner.

People will hate mcdavid soon enough. I already don't like that they gave him the C. I don't like it for any young player.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Also one of the biggest reasons for conscious and subconscious hate is the fact that he's on top of these facts really really handsome guy.

What? The guy is 29 and still looks like a nerdy brat.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Crosby went from being a whiny ***** to being a pretty boring hockey player. McDavid is starting as the most boring person I've ever seen.

There is a tradition of this with hockey greats:

"Gretzky, his immense skills undeniable, has to be one of the most boring men I ever met."
- Mordecai Richler

Anyways, I'll echo what others have said: it's early days yet. Dislike will flow the more people see him play and the more success his team has after all that high drafting.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The premise of this thread guarantees too much trolling and flaming. The valid responses have already been shared.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad