Why does Werenski get so much hype but Zaitsev doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Both are rookies and both are in the top 5 rookie D in assists with Zaitsev #3 and werenski #5

Zaitsev is also playing for a much weaker defensive team than what werenski came into.

I'm just confused why everyone is sleeping on this guy, including Toronto media which never mentions his name or even talks about him.

I know werenski is younger but that doesn't mean zaitsev should be forgotten and treated like he's some scrub that won't be resigned next year.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Because one of them is 19 years old and the other is 25 with lots of pro experience?

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Both are rookies and both are in the top 5 rookie D in assists with Zaitsev #3 and werenski #5

Zaitsev is also playing for a much weaker defensive team than what werenski came into.

I'm just confused why everyone is sleeping on this guy, including Toronto media which never mentions his name or even talks about him.

I know werenski is younger but that doesn't mean zaitsev should be forgotten and treated like he's some scrub that won't be resigned next year.

The only place where this is happening is your imagination.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
It is because the prevailing bias against Toronto and Toronto players

There OP, i provided the answer you were looking for

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Zaitsev is a vet, he's not a rookie in the traditional sense. He's been great this season but he's in his mid-20's with plenty of pro experience. Werenski is a teenager.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK

what? Where is this happening?

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Looks like we solved another mystery gang!

case closed!

giphy.gif

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
How come Zach Werenski gets so much love but no one talks about Nick Holden?

A little bit of perspective, the guy is older than Adam Larsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad