News Article: Why Does the National Media Just Hate The Vancouver Canucks !!!

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
It's not a media bias. This is what happens when you have idiots running the team. Edmonton fans dealt with a lot of crap under the Lowe regime. Islander fans dealt with a lot of crap under the Milbury regime. Now we're the ones dealing with idiots running our team and this is what it feels like.

QFT

Leafs - on paper their management team has done everything a team should do correctly in a rebuild. Nothing to really bash them on

Sens - budget team who finishes regularly within the bubble spots. Maybe the media should give their ownership more flack for not funding their Karlsson/Ryan core

Habs - good team with some key injuries. I guess the media can bash them for building a team around Price with no real support system

Jets - still in the honeymoon phase with the media. They should be bashed more often - pretty mediocre from management to roster decisions

Flames - On paper Dougie Hamilton was a good add. They also have enough young guns to be considered up and coming. They received their fair share of criticism during the end of the Kipper/Iggy era...and of course they won a series last year

Oilers - a joke in the national media. I guess things are finally getting better. No idea why Katz wasn't slandered more in the media.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
New era. All about what is trending.

As the previous poster said, media will look at how you are trending. We all get that the business side will suffer under a rebuild. We get that. But we feel that a proper rebuild will reap more benefits that one and done playoffs going what they are now.

Toronto is trending in the right direction now after the Burke years.

Agree that Ottawa nd Winnipeg should take more heat.

Montreal, going ok. Everyone knows they need something more.

Edmonton, all is good now with mcdavid. If they didn't win that lottery and had strome or hanifan. They would still be the laughingstock of the NHL.

Vancouver is havingit' fall from grace. See meddling ownership who is shirt sighted on money rather than build a contender and take the hit business wise. Not seeing when this team can challenge again for a cup.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Well when we were good they hated us because we were good and their teams (Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary) all stank.

Now.. I feel like there is less hate and more ridicule which is justly deserved. Our GM is an idiot, our team is terrible and Linden personally calls them when say anything negative about the team even if the point is 100% correct (source: Friedman).

Edit: apparently Aquaman rubbed a lot of people the wrong way during the cup run as well. So we are easy to dislike from top to bottom.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm not gonna lose sleep if we are hated, it is what it is. We're gonna kiss ass around the league? **** that, that's pure ********

Butcher

Dec 7, 2013
Stopped reading when the article claimed Sbisa was a reasonable replacement for Garrison.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
It's people who can't accept criticism and refuse to reflect on their own failures that look like fools in the end. This management team deserves every bit of criticism they are getting. They are not getting enough if anything.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
the media has been far kinder to the canucks than the canucks have deserved. no surprise that this article is from Jonathan Willis rather than say Damien Cox though

lawrence

May 19, 2012
That was comical. Thanks for the post. Author totally ignored how bad both players were for Vancouver.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
I don't know if the national media hates the Canucks, but I thought the cited article overly kind to the Canucks in saying the Garrison trade was defensible and that at the time of the trade Sbisa was a reasonable replacement for him.

James Underbuss*

Mar 3, 2016
You know who really hates the Canucks?? Canuck fans hate the canucks more than anybody (except maybe that guy from winnipeg).

Look at what you do to players when they are here.

Bonino- Posters here and CDC constantly ****ted on this guys head while he was here. For what? He wasn't a hundred point guy so he deserved to get **** upon,

Luongo- Ran the best goalie we ever had out of town. Guy should still be a canuck. Media had a part in it but the fans had just a big a part.

Kesler- Guy put out for us from day one. Ok he is a big ****** but still, he came and did his job really well and everyone wants to treat him like garbage. I would want the eff out of van too if I had to put up with that.

Miller- Consumate pro, gets zero respect in Van. If it wasn't for miller, you would see how low a team can sink.

Torres- All the priss fans in vancouver are afraid of aggressive edgy players. Rainbows and unicorns.

Management- Ok we all like to fantasize about what "I would do if..." But none of you know what is actually going on, you aren't connected to tyhe network like these guys and thirdly, you don't have ****ing clue as to what is going on. The hatred on management is ridiculous and never ending.

Pavel Bure- This might be where it all started to go wrong with Van fans. There still some who to this day, claim Bure is a villain in vancouver. Non sense. Greatest hockey player to ever lace up for vancouver AINEC

The only players Van seems to adore are small, weak prospects (Mccaan, Hodgson, Shink, Lack etc etc) and Soft perimeter players who won't say crap even if their mouth is full of it. And their has been many time when 22, 333, and 19 have eaten big steaming piles of crap and did it willingfully and with a smile on their face.

VanC fans (95%) are the WORST. Like, the WORST AINEC

THat's why evryone seems to hate you. Because you ****ing suck.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
they won 15 games that mattered and then not only lost the only game that has ever mattered, but set us back 5 years of drafts.

thanks Mike.

More fictional math out of your arse? Because the only guys who are setting us back decades of drafts, structure and respect are Benning, Weisbrod and Linden.

In a couple of years from now, when this team still be crap and there's some rumours that Aquaboys will sell it and the new owners want to get out of this town, Mike Gillis will be at fault too?

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
2011 - when everyone and their dogs hated the Canucks. Although I think Montreal was rooting for us in the Finals.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
If that's their angle they can at least also say how the Leafs helped the Sharks and Penns to the cup final with Reimer, Polak and Kessel :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad