News Article: Why Does the National Media Just Hate The Vancouver Canucks !!!

GreetingsFromCanada

Mar 19, 2016
BC
What's wrong with these articles? The team is run badly run and riddled with poor decisions such as the Sutter and Garrison trades. Most people would probably agree to that. Vancouver isn't the center of the goddamn universe, the media doesn't go after it just cause. The real people on the high horses are the fans that think media members really care that much about Vancouver to try to bring down the team.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Once again a report by Darren Dreger retweeted by some guy I have never heard off. back east and has caused the board and the city to go crazy thinking that Canucks are going to trade the #5 pick for a player to get them into the playoffs next year

it is crazy almost obsessive that the media has on the Vancouver Canucks.

I do not get it

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Once again a report by Darren Dreger retweeted by some guy I have never heard off. back east and has caused the board and the city to go crazy thinking that Canucks are going to trade the #5 pick for a player to get them into the playoffs next year

it is crazy almost obsessive that the media has on the Vancouver Canucks.

I do not get it

It was a radio interview where Dreger was talking about all the top 5 teams, which included Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Columbus and, gasp, Vancouver.

You either really need to go back to remedial English class or switch to decaf. It was hardly a Vancouver-centric article and Dreger wasn't going out of his way to talk about Vancouver.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
It was a radio interview where Dreger was talking about all the top 5 teams, which included Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Columbus and, gasp, Vancouver.

You either really need to go back to remedial English class or switch to decaf. It was hardly a Vancouver-centric article and Dreger wasn't going out of his way to talk about Vancouver.

1) I do not drink coffee at all. 2) My English is just fine.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I would argue that if you believe that article was "attacking" the Canucks, you have serious reading comprehension skills.

The Canucks are a big market team, are Canadian and are going to be relevant to the draft.

These sorts of stories crop up every year. Remember how there was a ton of hullabaloo over the Panthers top 3 draft pick and how the Canucks were chasing it? Or how the Canucks were making overtures for Chicago's 3rd overall pick a few years back?

Now the shoe is on the other foot and the Canucks are the ones with the draft pick.

Serious case of mountain/molehills here.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
TSN just likes to create hype so people watch the draft. If any of the top 5 picks move, it will be because of gross over payment. Maybe Edmonton trades down for some defense, thats all I can see happening.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

You are quite right. Some guy tweeted a portion of his comments and people ran away with it.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Dejan is a jackass and doesn't represent the views of people from Pittsburgh and especially not the fanbase.

Most Pens fans, especially on HF like you guys. I feel like there's a bond based on both our fanbases supposedly being terrible.

ya that guy came off as a complete idiot.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't really think the national media cares about the Canucks anymore....just another poorly run, bottom-feeding Canadian team being piloted by a former popular player with no management experience.....Leafs, Canadians, even the Oilers and Jets get a much rougher ride from the media for some their moves imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad