News Article: Why does Sekera never pass the puck to McDavid?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
There have been a couple sequences, including late in Game 2, where Sekera has chosen not to go to McDavid repeatedly.

Honestly, I think it might be just as simple as Sek feeling like they go to him too often, that's it predictable, and over-corrects by never going to him.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
There have been a couple sequences, including late in Game 2, where Sekera has chosen not to go to McDavid repeatedly.

Honestly, I think it might be just as simple as Sek feeling like they go to him too often, that's it predictable, and over-corrects by never going to him.

Yep.

This.

He probably doesn't want his pass picked off. He also shoots from the point a lot.....which he is probably told to do....and should do.....Also....I've seen him pass to McDavid multiple times.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yep.

This.

He probably doesn't want his pass picked off. He also shoots from the point a lot.....which he is probably told to do....and should do.....Also....I've seen him pass to McDavid multiple times.

Not as much as he does. They don't get through enough for my liking. He needs to pick when to shoot and when not to. Too many of his shots get blocked by the 1st or 2nd guy imo.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Not as much as he does. They don't get through enough for my liking. He needs to pick when to shoot and when not to. Too many of his shots get blocked by the 1st or 2nd guy imo.

It's clearly not a skill of his.

It's part of the reason I still want an offensive RHD and to bump Klefa to second unit, thereby taking Sekera off the PP entirely. Sekera gets the lion share of his points 5v5 anyway.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

I agree he's not ideal pp guy....but that's clearly his role at the point.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
These are the kind of idiotic ideas that are best left to the Toronto media. I would hope Edmonton doesn't become a place where this drivel is entertained.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Hm, interesting. But give me an evidence. Not one or two examples. Give a series of examples, because this guy said, it is for 2 seasons. So, there must be hell of examples, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad