News Article: Why does Sekera never pass the puck to McDavid?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
true story..

Sekera is jealous of the young kid trying to steal his job.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Wasn't there another thread on this? Searching on this site sucks so I'm not going to bother.

LPDustin

Mar 19, 2008
Victoria, BC
I have heard this a few times over the season, never paid too much attention to it in the games though. I'm going to watch for this tonight and see if there is any truth to the matter.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
He passed to him in that good looking power play game 2 with 6 mins left when Klef went out with injury.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
The F***?

It's been hapenning for two years?

WTF is Marek talking about lol.

I seen it on that late game PP in Game 2. That's it.

I can't believe that got a segment

LPDustin

Mar 19, 2008
Victoria, BC
I think the bigger concern is how he never seems to get a shot through from the point. It has to be 9/10 shots by him are blocked.

Niet

Feb 26, 2010
Edmonton
Marek needs to go back to his wrestling blog. I mean, this is the same clown that, along with Cox, jerked himself off at the thought of the Oilers being in cap hell in a few years. These guys aren't employed due to their knowledge of hockey. They're employed to say stupid things. He seemed to suggest some underlying reason why Sekera was doing it rather than because he prefers to pass it to wingers more often.

Last edited:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
so I saw this from Marek a little while back and thought "no way, he's just over analyzing"

Then I really started watching Sekera and it's ridiculous... he will NOT pass the puck to McDavid, even when McDavid is frantically calling for the puck. It's kinda bizarre

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
This was mentioned a week or so ago, and my friends and I have noted it to be very true.
Especially if Sekera is on the power play with McDavid, he won't even look his way

John Connor McDavid

Apr 17, 2017
so I saw this from Marek a little while back and thought "no way, he's just over analyzing"

Then I really started watching Sekera and it's ridiculous... he will NOT pass the puck to McDavid, even when McDavid is frantically calling for the puck. It's kinda bizarre

Yeah there was a sequence at the end of game 2 when Klefa was out and Sekera was manning the point during the late-game PP.

He looks off McDavid multiple times, not only when in the zone but on the BREAKOUT and zone entry which he is the GOAT at coordinating. Crazy to see but must be some weird algorithm Sekera has running through his head (?other team anticipating the pass to Connor).

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Lol. If there is any truth to this I am sure there are many good reasons for this.

rydlar

Aug 2, 2005
I just assume every shin pad he hits was an intended slap pass to McDavid?

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013

Yup noticed it as well, it was so obvious it was happening.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
McDavid, Draisialtl and Sekera were very good together 3 vs 3. Plus the teams numbers when they are on the ice together are 3.46 GF/60 vs 1.60 GA/60. So maybe a full fledged inquiry can be delayed until at least after the playoffs. This is much ado about nothing.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Yeah there was a sequence at the end of game 2 when Klefa was out and Sekera was manning the point during the late-game PP.

He looks off McDavid multiple times, not only when in the zone but on the BREAKOUT and zone entry which he is the GOAT at coordinating. Crazy to see but must be some weird algorithm Sekera has running through his head (?other team anticipating the pass to Connor).

That's what it would be. Sekera doesn't pass to the guy who is always the most coveted guy on the ice. There can't be any malice or distrust. If there is, he won't be on the team after this playoff run.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Noticed this too. But then I saw Sekera play around with it on the left side and set him self up for a one timer on net. And also McDavid even though he wanted the puck real bad, had the puck for a full minute on that PP. To me, it comes off as Sekera saying you've had your chance let me try to bury one for us. But alas, I was left with this impression: GET MCDAVID THE PUCK SEKS!

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I heard that Sekera bet money on Russell beating Draisaitl in FIFA. McDavid went with his linemate, now you think maybe out of misplaced loyalty, but because Drai picked Germany and Russell, well, Russell picked Slovakia - that, that was misplaced loyalty.

Ever since, there's been a rift in the room. Andrej thought it would be fine, fine sure, but then he heard about McDavids opinion about pineapple on pizza and that... that was a point of no return

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad