Why does Ryan Lambert hate the Avalanche?

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I'm pretty sure he's just a hipster Avs fan who is diligently doing everything he can to motivate the team into adopting another 'chip-on-their-respective-shoulders' going into a new season...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's written the same article four-five times now. I guess he'll strut around like a peacock when Avs end up with fewer points this season, as if that proves anything.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Another Lambert link? :shakehead

Absolutely no reason to click on this. We all know what it says.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Hahaaa, I love this guy. Actually been enjoying these... in going so far beyond measured skepticism, he became the voice of the people I want proven wrong.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hahaaa, I love this guy. Actually been enjoying these... in going so far beyond measured skepticism, he became the voice of the people I want proven wrong.

He's not the voice of anyone, he's the voice of the troll in his head trying to make a buck.

And I'm wondering why the OP keeps plugging him with links here?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
cry+baby.jpg

Colorado was five points away from the President's trophy last season, but hey, their Hunwick Fenwick was bad. Connor McDavid, welcome to Denver...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
cry+baby.jpg

Colorado was five points away from the President's trophy last season, but hey, their Hunwick Fenwick was bad. Connor McDavid, welcome to Denver...

I might throw a hissy fit if we somehow win the lottery, pick #1 and not trade down to #3 for a kings ransom + Hanifin. But hopefully it does not happen and even if it does... First world problems...

I think the recent article is pretty good. He is making a very good case for the Avs regressing. And his "regression" scenario has us making the playoffs at a lower seed. That would be a success IMO.
To make the playoffs in this division with this young group and our putrid defense would be great IMO.

I think he is underestimating the improvement our young guys should see but I am a homer and we will see how much losing Stastny will really hurt in the faceoff/defensive department.

All in all I can't complain. Have seen worse.
EDIT: Just re-read the part about our "conservative" decline. He really does hate on us a bit.

Last edited:

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I might throw a hissy fit if we somehow win the lottery, pick #1 and not trade down to #3 for a kings ransom + Hanifin. But hopefully it does not happen and even if it does... First world problems...

Yikes.. Imagine what we could get for trading McDavid...

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Does Pierre Lebrun have his own thread on this forum? Nope. Elliotte Friedman? Nah. Bob McKenzie? Nay. But Ryan Lambert? Might as well sticky a thread to post all Kizla columns.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Hockey news outside of Canada is just click bait/mindless *****ing on the radio. Most people don't follow the sport closely enough. This just serves as a headline to get me mad and click as I read my yahoo mail.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
EDIT: Just re-read the part about our "conservative" decline. He really does hate on us a bit.

The author is simply biased and only using facts that are convenient for himself. Example:

Let's also consider Colorado's health last year. They only lost 204 man-games to various ailments, putting them at 19th in the league.

This is not a team equipped to stand up to what Chicago or St. Louis or (potentially) Dallas will be able to do for seven straight games. Hell, they couldn't take it against Minnesota last year.

Colorado was missing Matt Duchene and Tyson Barrie for almost all of the Minnesota series. Two star players on top of the only three guys on the team - John Mitchell, Alex Tanguay, and Corey Sarich - with any real playoff experience.

But mentioning that does not fit with his revisionist history.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Thank you Shadow1. My question to anyone gloating I-told-you-so about the Avs playoffs is whether advanced stats or injuries made the difference. Its classic statistics, using the numbers to support pre existing prejudices. Its fascinating that the Avs had the exact same record home and away, and also first half second half of the season. Incredible consistency for a fluke team which might give anyone actually analyzing this "test case" pause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad