Why does Ryan Lambert hate the Avalanche?

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Everyone knows this guy is a total hack, and the comment section to every puck daddy article he writes are the best part as fans from every team in the league reliably respond with ridicule. But I have to ask, with a 4th "article" just this year dedicated solely to skewering Colorado I am really interested what the genesis might be for this pondscum person's unending jeremiad against us. Team predicted in the lottery range wins the hardest division in hockey? Two blogs about how advanced stats prove its all not only meaningless but an affront to the sport. His gloating after our playoff loss I won't even indulge. And the most recent hack attack includes such gems as -Backes is better than Duchene- and -You can't take Joe Sakic at his word-

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-headed-next---trending-topics-201656386.html

Ok clearly this has just become a vent post, but I'm still curious if anyone has insight into the pathology of this numbskull.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
He is the anti- av, a truly gifted loser that's doing his best to hate this team.... Maybe his mommy didn't nurse him last year?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Isn't he from Boston? That should explain everything.

Seriously though, I haven't read enough of his pieces (thankfully) to try to pinpoint where his rage stems from. Maybe because he gets such a reaction from it then its his go to angle whenever he needs to write an article. There really is no actual reason to hate this team. Maybe he doesn't like Roy. I don't know.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I'm not sure paying attention to troll bloggers and tweeters and incessantly quoting and linking them is much better than trolling yourself to be honest.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Everyone knows this guy is a total hack, and the comment section to every puck daddy article he writes are the best part as fans from every team in the league reliably respond with ridicule. But I have to ask, with a 4th "article" just this year dedicated solely to skewering Colorado I am really interested what the genesis might be for this pondscum person's unending jeremiad against us. Team predicted in the lottery range wins the hardest division in hockey? Two blogs about how advanced stats prove its all not only meaningless but an affront to the sport. His gloating after our playoff loss I won't even indulge. And the most recent hack attack includes such gems as -Backes is better than Duchene- and -You can't take Joe Sakic at his word-

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-headed-next---trending-topics-201656386.html

Ok clearly this has just become a vent post, but I'm still curious if anyone has insight into the pathology of this numbskull.

Who? Who cares?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Rickie Lambert > Ryan Lambert, that's for sure.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I can't believe we're giving this bozo a thread.

I feel the same way. This tool doesn't deserve the publicity. I feel the same way when I see links to baseless Eklund rumors that somehow generate conversation as if they were true.

These guys are weasels and it's a pathetic way to make a living just by lying and in Lamberts case attacking teams and players for no reason because he knows it generates a response.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I agree with the majority of the responses in this thread. His shtick is to engage readers by trolling them. Not a new angle, but a proven one.

As far as him hating on the Avs, I'd guess it has to do with him seeing himself as a numbers prophet - the Avs over-performed last season, so they're an easy target to harangue and make yourself look smart when they don't get 112 points next season. Then he can write a smug article about it.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I know there's lemonade here somewhere
How about we share what we believe about our team?
Avs are the turnaround team of the decade
Avs have more upside than Matt Duchenes fishing trips
Avs will have top ten goals for vs against differential
Avs needed a great coach now we have Roy
Avs needed a great goalie, now we gave Varly
Avs needed cap space, now we have it...
Avs needed better defense now we have different players
Avs lemonade is made with Rocky Mountain snow and is White

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I agree with the majority of the responses in this thread. His shtick is to engage readers by trolling them. Not a new angle, but a proven one.

As far as him hating on the Avs, I'd guess it has to do with him seeing himself as a numbers prophet - the Avs over-performed last season, so they're an easy target to harangue and make yourself look smart when they don't get 112 points next season. Then he can write a smug article about it.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1650099

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Its a neat trick...proclaim our early season form a fluke, and say we won't make the playoffs. When its not a fluke and we're locked into the playoffs say we'll never win the division. Win the division then predict advanced stats dictate a playoff exit...injuries hamper Avs playoff run then announce "told you so I was right all along"

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Lambert doesn't like the Avs because they don't fit in with his advanced stats narrative it's that simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad