Why do you think the Flyers have such a hard time beating the Rangers?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
We all know Giroux and Co have Punked Down Sidney Crosby and that is why the Penguins have such a hard time beating the Flyers.

Do you think there might be something similar going on with the Rangers, only not in our favor this time?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
it was only about 16ish months ago when we took them to a gm 7 in the playoffs
before they ended up in the finals

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
The reason why I ask is I watched them, on torrent the other day, just fall on their ass pathetically as the end of the game drew nearer. It looked exactly like everything we've consistently done to Pittsburgh. G and V came flying out and basically **** invalidly onto the spot of ice they were skating on.

It hurt. But that pain made me think of what it must be like for the Pens. And that's when I started to get worried.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They've played them better at the WFC even picking some wins lately. They just can't win on the road there. I think the last change comes into play big time with the weaknesses on this roster.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Just have faith that ol' Hexy is savvy enough to build this team to compete with any other. It hurts, but think of it as growing pains.
That's EXACTLY what I've been thinking about only about Haksy. If he's as smart as he seems we could end up owning our 2 biggest rivals instead of going 1 and 1.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's because the Rangers are good and we are not.

They have been in the finals 4 tears in 3 of the last 4 years and went to the finals once.

We missed the playoffs 2 times out of 4 and our 1 playoff win was against Pittsburgh.

The biggest difference has been speed and their defense. McDonough has been great as have others.

They do a good job of just playing hockey and not getting into the emotional BS that Pitt does. Pitt plays their best when they play straightforward, emotionless hockey. They can't do that against us.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
They have been in the finals 4 tears in 3 of the last 4 years and went to the finals once.

We missed the playoffs 2 times out of 4 and our 1 playoff win was against Pittsburgh.
I hadn't considered that aspect, but I like it.

Either way it's obvious I'm the only one here who cares about cause-and-effect circumstances pertaining to emotional dominance. That breaks my heart, since it is the most important basis of a rivalry.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's the speed differential, Flyers can hang in there but eventually they tire and get beat.

In two years, when Konecny, AK, et al are on the team, and the mobile defensemen have joined, there won't be a "missile gap."

Hardnell

Feb 27, 2012
Officiating has a something to do with it, Rags get a ridiculous amount of calls in their favor, plus the coach has a reputation for his players diving

It's no secret or "conspiracy," my best friend is a Pens fan and has the same opinion of those *******, MSG is the new Bell Centre

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I think the Flyers need to stop trying to skate with the Rangers and focus on beating them down. Basically what the Caps did to them in their playoff series. If it wasn't for Lundqvist standing on his head in that game 7 the Caps would have won.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Officiating has a something to do with it, Rags get a ridiculous amount of calls in their favor, plus the coach has a reputation for his players diving

It's no secret or "conspiracy," my best friend is a Pens fan and has the same opinion of those *******, MSG is the new Bell Centre

No.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
It's because the Rangers are good and we are not.

The biggest difference has been speed and their defense. McDonough has been great as have others.

They do a good job of just playing hockey and not getting into the emotional BS that Pitt does. Pitt plays their best when they play straightforward, emotionless hockey. They can't do that against us.

Pretty much. Their defense has been much better than ours for the last few years and I think their forwards have been better than some people give them credit for. That playoff series went 7 games mostly because of Mason; it could have easily been over in 5 or 6.

Agree about Pittsburgh too. The Flyers know how to get them off their game.

If our young defensemen develop the way that we're hoping/expecting then we should be able to even things up eventually.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It could have been over in 6 in our favor if Mason hadn't missed the first three games.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Simple, the NY forwards are too fast for our defense, and their defense is much better than ours. They don't get to as many pucks first against faster teams, and when they have the puck, they aren't able to skate it out of trouble.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Rags are a very good team right now, no doubt, but it's also a matter of putting together a winning series and getting into the opponents' heads.

If everyone believes, and you yourself as a player believe, you are more or less unbeatable at MSG,....certainly helps.
Pretty similar to what we had when the Flyers racked up all of those come-back wins a couple of years ago. You can only bounce-back on a regular basis if you absolutely believe in what you can do.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
The Rangers are a better team, but also note this

until you change the source of the problem you will not change the result of the problem.

alot of the players that were on last years team are on this year's teams.

the goalies even though we changed have also had poor success against rangers so the goalie problem hasn't changed.

the game last week in philly we beat rangers why? because we used different players, they were faster, and able to keep up with them.

vinny, Streit, AMAC, among the players that should be scratched against not just rangers the entire metro division.

going to be a long season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad