Why do people keep saying Sedins time is coming to an end?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Would trade PP production for an increase in grit if ES production stayed the same.

...and it has, in both cases. :D Something tells me that we're going to see the return of the fiery, gritty Sedinery from last year in this year's playoffs.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I could be wrong, but I thought when they signed their last deals, it was understood that this would be it. But, it could've just been media and hF speculation.

Didn't they want longer contracts at the time, though?

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Didn't they want longer contracts at the time, though?

Yep, they floated the idea of 12 year $60M or so contracts but settled for 5 year deals. That doesn't sound like a couple of guys who want to leave the NHL in a year or two.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's not that people are saying they're declining right now per se...it's just the reality that in 3 years or so, they're not going to be the same 1st line PPG+ players they are now. They may last longer than a lot of players in that they don't rely purely on their physical tools to excel...but at some point they're going to start to drop off. And more than that...they've clearly expressed a strong interest in going home and playing their last 'productive' years out in Sweden. Meaning...they seem intent on retiring before they wear out their welcome and become a shadow of their former selves here.

And with that...the issue is, do we have anyone at all in our organization who we can legitimately expect to take over a '1st line role' effectively?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00