Why did Yzerman re-sign Coburn?

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
He could have walked for a raise from a bottom feeder team but instead he stayed for a decent home discount. Good for him and Bolts.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Coburn had a lousy playoff but he did well enough to earn the extension. The Lightning's right-sided depth consists pretty much of Stralman and Sustr outside of Coburn and there's no way in hell we're competing with that alone.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I had thought that besides the Pens series he was quietly good. Anytime you don't notice a defenseman then he is doing his job well. It just happened that he got exposed in the Pens series. The Pens made alot of good D look bad in that series. Hedman, Stralman both looked bad at times in that series. Coburn is a solid #4 D.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Coburn is not slow. He's not a speedster, but he isn't slow. He didn't look slow against the speedy Isles. The Pens made everyone on our roster look slow because they played faster than we did. He made some errors, but like someone else said, look no further than Hedman and Stralman. Games 4-7 were some of the worst games I've ever seen Heddy play. That includes his rough first few seasons.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
From what I can figure out, it looks like its to give time for Deangelo, Koekkoek, and Masin to figure things out and have one make the jump.

Koekkoek is highly likely to start with the big club next year, but I think Masin is way, way closer than everyone realizes.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
From what I can figure out, it looks like its to give time for Deangelo, Koekkoek, and Masin to figure things out and have one make the jump.

Koekkoek is highly likely to start with the big club next year, but I think Masin is way, way closer than everyone realizes.
really I expected koekkoek to start with the Lightning next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad