Why did Florida come up short in 2023?

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I'm not really convinced that one middle six player can have that much of an impact on the overall team. Chucky took a hard hit but that was in game 3, we were already down 2-0 at that point. I'm sure the two aforementioned would have helped us win more games, but I wouldn't count that as the primary reason why we didn't hoist the cup.
Laugh all ya want. We’re healthier, Vegas likely still wins, but we don’t get blasted line we did in the final game. If you think otherwise…wtf were you watching out there?

Reactions: harv33173

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Luostarinen getting hurt didn't just destroy the 3rd line, it ruined our entire bottom 6. And honestly, our entire 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line got jumbled with Cousins needing to move too

And we would have never survived the Tkachuk injury anyway

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Laugh all ya want. We’re healthier, Vegas likely still wins, but we don’t get blasted line we did in the final game. If you think otherwise…wtf were you watching out there?

Where exactly do you see me laughing? If you read that post as a joke you have some serious reading comprehension issues. Also, no where did I say we got blasted... What in the world are you talking about man ???

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
You're right, injuries to guys in the first few rounds, all the adrenaline that was built and going into the next round right away instead of sitting and resting, Vegas being largely healthy comparatively. Doesn't hold up.

I'm sure injuries was the only reason why we lost the series, It wasn't because Vegas was larger outmuscled us in pretty much every game and dominated puck possession for most of the series... But yeah a few third line players was the reason we lost! I didnt realize Lusto turned into Evgeni Malkin over night. Excuses all day .... They lost to a better team its ok to admit it...

Luostarinen getting hurt didn't just destroy the 3rd line, it ruined our entire bottom 6. And honestly, our entire 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line got jumbled with Cousins needing to move too

And we would have never survived the Tkachuk injury anyway

If one third line player can absolutely throw your team out of whack, then that team is not a championship caliber team.... Injuries are part of the postseason, especially in the case of bottom six players.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Where exactly do you see me laughing? If you read that post as a joke you have some serious reading comprehension issues. Also, no where did I say we got blasted... What in the world are you talking about man ???
We've been on the boards long enough for you to know there's no reading comprehension issues, that's stupid and you know it. There was a certain Toronto fan lurking around that I addressed while also addressing you.

I said we got blasted in the final game. I said had we been more healthy we’d have hung with them better, definitely would t have had the final score.
I'm sure injuries was the only reason why we lost the series, It wasn't because Vegas was larger outmuscled us in pretty much every game and dominated puck possession for most of the series... But yeah a few third line players was the reason we lost! I didnt realize Lusto turned into Evgeni Malkin over night. Excuses all day .... They lost to a better team its ok to admit it...

If one third line player can absolutely throw your team out of whack, then that team is not a championship caliber team.... Injuries are part of the postseason, especially in the case of bottom six players.
Tkachuk wasn’t injured? Ekblad wasn't injured? Montour? Louostairinen? Gudas?

Those aren’t 3rd liners, are they? I’m not really sure what’s so hard for you to grasp, I clearly said we’d likely still lose, but if you think a healthy team gets rolled over, I don’t know what to tell ya. Ten days off, time for things to tighten up, adrenaline to wear off, Vegas didn’t have as long of a break, there’s a reason teams that have rested that long have historically not done well.

Vegas was the only team that dominated puck possession against us?

Who the f*** said anything about Lusto being close to Malkin? Ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad