Why cant fans vote for the individual trophies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Fans should have no input in end of season awards in any sport. The writers shouldn't either, but for now that one isn't changing. I don't see what benefit there would be to opening up MVP award voting to fans.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
At least for the MVP Award: Hart Memorial Trophy.

Yeah, i know the fiasco with All-star game, but give them 7 players to pick and then start the voting process.
This is a really dumb idea.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Because fans are idiots. Also the Leafs, Habs, Chicago, and maybe a few others would sweep everything every year.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Problem would be solved by releasing new award John Scott Trophy. And fans could vote their favourite player.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Because a lot of fans are incredibly biased and literally unable to put their bias aside. Have you seen some of the things that people say, even around here? Is that really who you want having a vote for MVP awards?

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
i think that journalist's vote will be made public. We might get a bit more objectivity and professionalism that way. Yanni Gourde getting a first place vote for Calder over Barzal and Boesser is a joke.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Hart should be awarded objectively as it's considered one of the most important trophies. I don't want to see it awarded based on how many fans homer vote for their own player.
Let the fans have input on less meaningful matters such as who makes the all star game.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Ballot stuffing. I can't believe this has to be explained.
The majority of fans are giant homers and can't be trusted to show their rational opinion.
It will devolve into a popularity contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad