Why Canada and Sweden will meet in a final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker

jcpenny said:
Make a poll and make people choose between Johnsson and Leopold. Right now Johnsson is miles ahead of Leopold. I'd like to know how come you think Leopold is better cuz it doesnt make any sense.

Rafalski is better than both of them. Leopold is hardly the #4 US dman.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
ZeroTheHero said:
You didn't see the game? Sundin stod in the middle of the crop of players pointed at players and told them what to do to get the game turned. Hardy sat down like a deep frozen vegetable and didn't say a word during the game after the 4-1 goal I believe.

I saw the game and I have spent the days after it trying to forget about it. Had nothing to do with Sweden really. Mongolia would have won that game if they were trailing 5-1.

mach777

Nov 10, 2003
psycho_dad said:
I saw the game and I have spent the days after it trying to forget about it. Had nothing to do with Sweden really. Mongolia would have won that game if they were trailing 5-1.

lol you are so bitter

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Maybe I should bet some money on that ... who knows, if I bet $10, I might end up a millinonaire :D

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jcpenny said:
Make a poll and make people choose between Johnsson and Leopold. Right now Johnsson is miles ahead of Leopold. I'd like to know how come you think Leopold is better cuz it doesnt make any sense.

It's called personal preferance. I think Jordan Leopold is playing at a higher level right now than Johnsson (bad hand and all), and I think his upside is much higher. If you want to create a poll, go ahead, it won't change my mind.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Look you can't base comments on one season only. Johsson is a proven defensman while Leopold had a breakout season but its just one season. Like your Schneider comments. Lidstrom is a proven Norris trophy winner, its jut one bad season (by his standards) and Schneider Clearly benefit from his presence to have one of his best seasons these are comparaison that you can't make. About Rafalski being better than Leopold and Johnsson, i can't wait to see how he will handle Thornton, Lemieux and Iginla in the corners.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
jcpenny said:
Look you can't base comments on one season only. Johsson is a proven defensman while Leopold had a breakout season but its just one season. Like your Schneider comments. Lidstrom is a proven Norris trophy winner, its jut one bad season (by his standards) and Schneider Clearly benefit from his presence to have one of his best seasons these are comparaison that you can't make. About Rafalski being better than Leopold and Johnsson, i can't wait to see how he will handle Thornton, Lemieux and Iginla in the corners.

I had to some time to think about it, and I was jumping the gun calling Leopold superior to Johnsson. Johnsson's a nice player, and he was injured this postseason so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I think Leopold has a higher ceiling, and don't think he's light years behind right now, but that's not really the point. Listen, I think Sweden has a great defense, and I can't say enough good things about Lidstrom, he's one of my favorite players. I just don't think that Sweden's defense is superior to the U.S.'s. If anything it's a draw.

Last edited:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
It's an interesting thread, having read all of it.

Personally I think there is an enormous gap between Canada ---> The Rest when it comes to defence overall. Frankly, I don't think any team is remotely competitive with Canada when it comes to comparing top 4's, top 6's, top 10's, top 20's, etc. HOWEVER, Sweden is on equal ground with their top 2, in my opinion.

I am not impressed with the US defence myself, but that's just personal preference, I would take the Swedes over the US D, mostly because Lidstrom and Ohlund, to me, are exponentially more desirable than Leetch/Whatever guy you want to call #2 for the States.

That said...it doesn't really matter what looks good on paper...that's why you play the games.

Beakermania*

Why sweden won't make the final.

Good lineup but you can't get anywhere with poor goaltending!!! There goalies are below average and might be among the two worst teams as far as goaltending goes in the tournament. They will be a fourth place team imo.

mach777

Nov 10, 2003
Beakermania said:
Why sweden won't make the final.

Good lineup but you can't get anywhere with poor goaltending!!! There goalies are below average and might be among the two worst teams as far as goaltending goes in the tournament. They will be a fourth place team imo.

This is a valid argument. Goaltending will play a huge part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad