Why are hockey players boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
what i've learned from this thread: football, basketball and soccer aren't team games, hockey is a blue collar sport, owners literally own the players and can tell them what to do, everyone associated with hockey can brag about how humble they are while remaining humble, wanting your players to be good at the sport and also entertaining Is Bad, charity is bad unless you murder everyone who knows that you donated, hockey fans are "Totally Not Racist but...", and anyone who dislikes don cherry is a social justice warrior.

This is the one that always pops up, and it kills me.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Ha, if you can relate to robots, I think that says more about yourself than it says about baseball, football, and basketball players.

I'll take that as a compliment. I would never ever teach my children the values and boorish behaviour of many of today's athletes.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
why is hockey losing viewership to the world series of poker then?
Is this a serious question? World Series of Poker is hosted on ESPN, a station everyone with cable has. Not everyone has NBCSN/NHLN which is the ONLY way you're going to see any games unless you have a local affiliate.
NBC is the single worst sports promoter. Everything they touch turns to crap. Just look at how shitty the Olympics coverage has been since they got control of it.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
They come from being conditioned at a young age to put your head down and give off cliches. I know this since I'm friends/know guys in organized hockey around my age (20) that grew up this way. It isn't the same around basketball for example. Also it being a white collar sports reduces individualism. Though compared to baseball/football/basketball it's more of a "team sport"

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Is this a serious question? World Series of Poker is hosted on ESPN, a station everyone with cable has. Not everyone has NBCSN/NHLN which is the ONLY way you're going to see any games unless you have a local affiliate.
NBC is the single worst sports promoter. Everything they touch turns to crap. Just look at how ****ty the Olympics coverage has been since they got control of it.

yeah it's almost like the nhl shuns any players that are marketable or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad