Whose Jersey Will Be Hung From Our Rafter?

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I should add, from our recent SC roster. I count as many as 10.

Poll cometh.

No Doubt

Kopitar
Doughty
Brown
Quick

Probably

Carter

Possibly

Williams
Richards

Bit Too Early

Toffoli
Pearson
Muzzin

*** Edit*** the poll should read "Will Be" not "Should Be"

Last edited:

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
None
Sorry still a chance for any one of these guys to pull a Blake, oh wait they might raise his jersey.
Not saying any of these guys won't be worthy, but I would rather have no space for jerseys because of cup banners.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
At least one from this team will get retired. We have non-HOFer jerseys retired already in Vachon and Taylor. Quick is going to shatter Rogie's records with the franchise and has a CS. Brown is the captain of these winning teams. He has the potential to become the longest tenured captain of the Kings. Kopitar is a superstar. Doughty will pass Blake. I have no doubt.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I should add, from our recent SC roster. I count as many as 10.

Poll cometh.

No Doubt

Kopitar
Doughty
Brown
Quick

I know it's too soon to say this, but Brown, Kopitar, Doughty, and Quick are analogous to Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte, and Mariano Rivera, respectively. So I agree.

1.None

2.Sorry still a chance for any one of these guys to pull a Blake, oh wait they might raise his jersey.

3. Not saying any of these guys won't be worthy, but I would rather have no space for jerseys because of cup banners.

1. Sooner or later, more players will get their sweater numbers retired.

halolz-dot-com-pokemonblackwhite-krokorok-dealwithit.jpg

2. Are you implying to me that every NHL player should aspire to be like Patrick Ewing, who was loyal to his team to the end of his career, only to be treated like collateral damage by the fans because of front office incompetence? That just sounds wrong. :shakehead:help:

I have been saying this at least twice, because Patrick Ewing did get dissed in rap songs for "winning no ring".

As for your beef with Rob Blake...

3. That sounds like a false dichotomy; besides, I rather let the Kings increase their banner count and retired NHL sweater numbers.

Look inside STAPLES Center and observe how the Lakers organize their retired jersey numbers. It can be done the same with the Kings, if they would like to.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
None
Sorry still a chance for any one of these guys to pull a Blake, oh wait they might raise his jersey.
Not saying any of these guys won't be worthy, but I would rather have no space for jerseys because of cup banners.

Blake was not a key member in the Kings winning their first cup (let alone a second one), so it's not exactly an equal comparison. Kopi, Brown, Quick, and Doughty are basically guarantees IMO

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
I have no doubt that at least one of these guys gets his jersey retired, I just don't want to start sewing them yet. Let's wait until the player retires before retiring his jersey

Also I personally don't have a beef with Blake, I was just using it as an example.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'd say Brown is guaranteed. First captain to hoist the Cup in LA and does it twice in three years? Hang it up now.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I voted other for Dwight King, with the stipulation that the banner doesn't have his number on it, but his face.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Blake was not a key member in the Kings winning their first cup (let alone a second one), so it's not exactly an equal comparison. Kopi, Brown, Quick, and Doughty are basically guarantees IMO

Brown, Quick (assuming reasonable health) and Dewey just by playing out current contracts, I need Kopi to sign a new deal next summer to make that guarantee.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I've never understood why hockey teams don't have a "Ring of Honor" for players that were outstanding, but don't reach the level of retired numbers.
Players like Butch Goring and Jim Fox.
Any others that could be included??

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I've never understood why hockey teams don't have a "Ring of Honor" for players that were outstanding, but don't reach the level of retired numbers.

I think that's what the Legends Nights are supposed to be.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think the better question is, just how many dudes will be represented with statues because it'll be lonely for Quickie to be alone there.

If there is for real a dynasty, that would surpass what Gretzky did for the Kings (not for the NHL though).

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site

The older teams (Habs, Leafs, and Red Wings) do have those.

I think Brown is the only guy I'd say is a lock. Two Cups and he's likely to have been Captain for more years then anyone in franchise history.

Lots can change with both Kopitar, Quick, and DD in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad