OT: Who's your playoff team, if any?

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I'd route for minny but I just can't with the first rounder.

Anaheim for me (see username)
I'd like to see the isles do some damage. Never a reason to hate on them.

Teams I wouldn't mind: Chicago (Kane), Vancouver, Columbus.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Rags are my second team. Would love the isles to make a run, as twisted as those two statements may read to some.

Out west, always had a soft spot for San hoazeigh

I don't mind the rags nor the isles. Being in nyc and watching many more game, some guys like Callahan and boyle really grow on me.

skibum

Jan 23, 2011
I like a lot of the teams in the mix this year.
MIN for Pominville and for the Minny fans,
CBJ for the underdog factor,
STL and WAS because they have had lots of very good teams and great players through the years and never won it all- they also have pretty rabid fans, especially considering their locations. Also, STL is pretty much a bunch of nobodies and WAS has Ovechkin playing with some fire again.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I just want to see a Pitt-Chi final. Two teams with the kind of young cores that make dynasties, each more than 10 points better than anyone else in their conferences, we deserve to see the match-up.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
I like a lot of the teams in the mix this year.
MIN for Pominville and for the Minny fans,
CBJ for the underdog factor,
STL and WAS because they have had lots of very good teams and great players through the years and never won it all- they also have pretty rabid fans, especially considering their locations. Also, STL is pretty much a bunch of nobodies and WAS has Ovechkin playing with some fire again.

lol, Washington? Yeah, the ones that have existed since 2006 and have quieted the last couple of years. Then again, they're a lot like current Sabres fans....bandwagon and "what have you done for me lately?"

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I mostly hate every other EC team, but I would pull for NYR while hoping someone would nail Tortorella with an errant puck.

In the West, with no connection to ex-Sabres, I would pull for underdogs like St. L and Min.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
i will be rooting for the Islanders and Blues

But I sure would love to see an LA vs Boston or Pittsburgh vs Chicago final

i sort of have a soft spot for the Canucks too

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Would really like to see a Chicago - Pittsburgh final.... I have a soft spot for Toronto and the Islanders though (since they haven't made the playoffs in a while).

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I don't mind the rags nor the isles. Being in nyc and watching many more game, some guys like Callahan and boyle really grow on me.

Mine are the Rangers cause well, similar to you being there they were in my life for 17.5 years (By life= went to a lot o games and was raised on them, and the Sabres since my mom was from here)

So, Rangers. Would be nice for them to make it first though :rant:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
East - Pittsburgh Penguins - relatives who grew up there - they decided to be Sabres fans too so I decided to root for the Pens. This was back in the mid 80's so I was with them for their first Cup runs in the early 90's. Has a Mario jersey in the house.

I would like to see Islanders make it (and not play the Pens in the first round would be an added bonus) as I'm a John Tavares fan. (Hey I rooted for his uncle for 21 years - might as root for his nephew of the same name.)

West - Chicago Blackhawks - no its not because of Kane - been a fan for a long time. Probably had to do with the fact my floor hockey teams in my elementary school days were named the Hawks and we wore t-shirts with their logo. Won a couple of titles too. Would like to see Sharks go far too - Nemi has been doing great for me in two fantasy leagues - has a chance to win titles in both.

Last edited:

kizzle

Aug 25, 2011
The Leafs have always been my second favourite team, so I'll be cheering them on. It's been a while since I've had the chance.

Out west I enjoy cheering on the western Canadian teams, so it seems like it will just be Vancouver this year.

Clock

May 13, 2006
East: I'm probably going to get crucified for saying this, but the Leafs. I don't have the hate for the Leafs that some around here do. And yes I've been to several Leafs/Sabres game and every Leaf fan I've spoken to has been nothing but friendly to me. I suppose if I had a negative experience my view would change.

West: Hawks, and Kings.

I know that feel. Don't think I'll be actively rooting for the Leafs, but I'll be interested to see what they do. There are obviously some good hockey fans behind that team and if you can ignore the obnoxious ones, it's easy to sympathize. Same deal with the Isles. I'm rooting against Boston, Montreal, Ottawa, and Pittsburgh, though a Pittsburgh / Boston match would be entertaining.

Out west, Anaheim, LA, Minny, and St. Louis, in roughly that order. Rooting against Vancouver (I know, I know) and Detroit, if they make it in.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
While I don't like the Leafs as a team for obvious reasons, I do like their current roster. I wouldn't mind seeing them make it to round 2 or 3. That's mainly because I don't really care about any team in the east, though.

joshmo65

Feb 14, 2012
I cannot root for the Pens. Living in Pittsburgh, it is so annoying hearing about how unbelievably awesome the Pens are and how no one will ever win one game against them and who they will play in the Stanley Cup Finals. :banghead:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00