Post-Game Talk (GBU): Who's Your Daddy?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Can someone explain the bench minor for "abuse of the officials"?

What exactly happened? :dunno:
Ray said Gerbe got high sticked in front of the bench, there was no penalty called and Gerbe/Bench yelled at the refs a bit. Nothing physical.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
BdmWH2o.gif

Yappin' and Lappin'

That's a great way to get a raging sore throat.

Silly Otter.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Ray said Gerbe got high sticked in front of the bench, there was no penalty called and Gerbe/Bench yelled at the refs a bit. Nothing physical.

Pretty much. Jackson was in the Habs pocket all night as it was, so it wasn't much of a surprise to have someone finally say enough to get the 2-minutes.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Myers quote was pretty epic, not usual for him to say something like that (something like 'this is the worst Buffalo Sabres game I've been a part of', something like that). Out of interest, how did he play? He didn't sound to enamoured with anyone to be honest, including himself.

Great to hear him saying stuff like that though, his getting old enough to take a bit of leadership. Rolston still comes accross like a by-the-numbers guy and quite frankly a bit of a wet fish.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Myers quote was pretty epic, not usual for him to say something like that (something like 'this is the worst Buffalo Sabres game I've been a part of', something like that). Out of interest, how did he play? He didn't sound to enamoured with anyone to be honest, including himself.

Great to hear him saying stuff like that though, his getting old enough to take a bit of leadership. Rolston still comes accross like a by-the-numbers guy and quite frankly a bit of a wet fish.

What did he say?

I have no words for this one. "Epic disastre"

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
What did he say?

I have no words for this one. "Epic disastre"

"It was the worst effort the Buffalo Sabres have put on the ice since I've been a part of it," said defenseman Tyler Myers, who is in his fourth season with the team. "It wasn't a good feeling."

Thats the exact quote from NHL.com, strong words from someone who doesn't often say them. Reading a lot in to it but the Sabres have been more vocal since the departure of Pominville.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
I know that Stafford has had an awful season, but I honestly can't recall him doing anything at all during this game. If I didn't have access to the box scores and stats I could probably be convinced that he wasn't even dressed.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Pretty much. Jackson was in the Habs pocket all night as it was, so it wasn't much of a surprise to have someone finally say enough to get the 2-minutes.

Yea, the only thing worse than the Sabres last night was the officiating. Montreal didn't need help beating the Sabres last night, but the refs sure were giving it to them anyway.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He had a bad bounce where the puck hit the stanchion on a shoot-in that wound up in the first goal against. He's going full-tilt into the zone, does a little chip-and-charge and the glass showed it wants to tank too. :laugh: Of their defense, all of them had poor moments, I thought Myers had less than most. Weber put himself in bad position behind the net and got bounced by Ryder on one goal. Pysyk and Sekera were blowing the zone earlier on the Gallagher goal -- clearly inspired by the forwards who usually try to leave early. :laugh: Ehrhoff handed the puck away for some chances against and played the first goal badly. Pardy was soft on the puck in his own zone repeatedly -- seems to have come back down to a certain level of play after his recall.

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
good- porter and flynn. they deserve top line minute to finish this season

bad- nearly everyone else

ugly- what happened to hodgson? if he keeps playing this way he shouldn't be offered a contract for next year. maybe i am wrong to single him out, but he was just standing there for the first 2 habs goals and got my ire up. :rant:

*edit* brennan got 2 points for the panthers tonight

Would literally be the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made. And there have been some doozies.

tumblr_m3yvstPTXq1rskrjjo10_500.jpg

Last edited:

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
There is a twitter picture of Otter throwing something at Rob Ray or something like that. Anyone know more about this, as in what the hell?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
There is a twitter picture of Otter throwing something at Rob Ray or something like that. Anyone know more about this, as in what the hell?

He got high sticked and the official didn't call it. He was PISSED and just chucked his helmet. It just happened to go into the box with Rayzor in there. He didn't intentionally throw it at Rob.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yea, the only thing worse than the Sabres last night was the officiating. Montreal didn't need help beating the Sabres last night, but the refs sure were giving it to them anyway.

Yeah, the reffing was about as ugly as the Sabres play. Didn't see Gerbe or Ott get high sticked (and Ott's, iirc should've been a 4 minutes PP), but somehow they managed to see every even borderline penalty the Sabres committed. :shakehead
Not like the Habs needed their help.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

It was after he took a high stick and didn't get a call. I think we were on the PP and it would have been a 5 on 3. When he was heading to the bench, he was flipping out and threw his helmet and a stick and it happened to go in Ray's direction, between the benches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad