TjZueVT.png

STARTING GOALIE
3236.jpg

#40 Carter Hutton
13-8-2 .919SV% 2.54GAA

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Tennyson was sent down, replace him with Matt Hunwick. Beaulieu is questionable, if he can't go, Brendan Guhle will slot in.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
People are going to look at the Sabres defence that is worse than Florida and still try and say goalies make no difference. The Sabres even score less than Florida!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
My prediction: deflection goals will continue to be called goalie’s fault, because “all we need is average goaltending”.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The difference between the Sabres and Panthers is that the Sabres are great in 1 goal games and the Panthers are dreadful.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Last game was awesome. Fully expecting this team to follow up with a disappointing effort as always. Either a blowout loss or we blow multiple 2 goal leads and lose late in regulation. Best case scenario is an OTL.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Betting on another 3rd period collapse with Petrovic leading the tank.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Don't be surprised when Boughner sends out Petrocrap for OT or the shoot out

Reactions: ShootIt

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Good to see kis will leave this team next season. Thanks Boughner.

Kind of where I'm at with it. You have a guy who stepped in and played rather nicely for you and did exactly what your team needed -- played safe, reliable defense to help stop the hemorrhaging back there -- and you put him on the bench for a guy who is arguably the worst player on your team right now.

Very frustrating. I can imagine he's probably the only person more frustrated than me by this move.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Kind of where I'm at with it. You have a guy who stepped in and played rather nicely for you and did exactly what your team needed -- played safe, reliable defense to help stop the hemorrhaging back there -- and you put him on the bench for a guy who is arguably the worst player on your team right now.

Very frustrating. I can imagine he's probably the only person more frustrated than me by this move.
Yeah it’s ridiculous. And petro is by far our worst player. He is absolute trash. The thing that makes me hate him even more is his whining. Entitled piece of garbage who hasn’t earned anything.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I like Boughner but I don't understand why he's playing. If they're trying to increase his trade value he should be scratched :laugh:
In both players last 3 games, Kis was on the ice for 1 goal for and 4 goals against (even strength) and Petro 1 for and 3 against. So it's not like either are playing really well and Petro got starched when he was, played on the second pairing with Matheson. I agree that Petro causes more turnovers and look like he's juggling grenades.

What I don't get is why Boughner is willing to try Petro with Matheson and Yandle, but doesn't try Kis (or Weegar) with either of them or Ekblad. I know Kis, Yandle and Matheson are all LHD, but when Petro or Pysyk play with Weegar, it's a pairing of 2 RHD, so I don't buy that excuse. The Pysyk Matheson duo has been bad for over a year now, why doesn't he even try it?

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I think objectively the absolute worst pairing we've put on the ice this season was Matheson/Petrovic. That's the pairing that got blasted in the third period against the Blues the other night.

I think when looking at where you can improve the defense you start there. When you have two guys you simply can't put on the ice together under fear of immediate team implosion, you have to consider that at least one of them needs to be off the ice.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Petro has had his two best games of the season which are still unimpressive. He’s looked awful but hasn’t gotten scored on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad