Who's your current best Swedish forward in the NHL?

Who's your current best Swedish forward in the NHL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
EP has this locked up for me and he is not near what I believe his potential is. Once he fully fills out his frame and gets another year or two experience he's going to be something special indeed. Canucks are trending up as well so he he will have the support to start putting up some top 5 scoring numbers soon. He's arguably already the top Swede today it will be unanimous very soon in my opinion.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the answer is Pettersson, but I also think he’s not as much better than Zibanejad as the poll results indicate. I think it’s close, but a slight edge to Pettersson.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Surprised by how unimpressive that group of forwards is. EP quite easily.

I was as well as this is one of the weakest years for swedish forwards in recent memory, the 20 draft might infuse new blood to this group soon though.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Pettersson and Zibanejad are on a different tier from the rest right now.

Tier 2 is: Nylander, Bäckström and possibly everyone else you mentioned on your list, hard to gauge, too many injuries.

Jesus christ, some piss-poor forward development from the swedish hockey federation.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Pettersson and Zibanejad are on a different tier from the rest right now.

Tier 2 is: Nylander, Bäckström and possibly everyone else you mentioned on your list, hard to gauge, too many injuries.

Jesus christ, some piss-poor forward development from the swedish hockey federation.
Not surprised. Swedish ice hockey federation is more interested in developing safe and boring 2 way players.

We need more dynamic forwards who are more selfish.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
wow the list of Swedish forwards currently in the NHL isn't too impressive at the top end tbh

I went voted Backstrom but its probably petterson… haven't watched much of him

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander is better than Pettersson. He actually has more goals and points (with much less PP time too) than Pettersson under Keefe who's giving him adequate offensive usage for the first time in his career.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nylander is better than Pettersson. He actually has more goals and points (with much less PP time too) than Pettersson under Keefe who's giving him adequate offensive usage for the first time in his career.
Lol! You and Holy Mackinaw never fail to deliver.
But you forgot to add ‘AINEC!’:laugh:

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
wow the list of Swedish forwards currently in the NHL isn't too impressive at the top end tbh

I went voted Backstrom but its probably petterson… haven't watched much of him
Yep, swedish hockey is about to enter dark ages soon. Atleast for forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad