Who's The Eighth Best Player In NHL History?

Who's the eighth best player in NHL history?

• Total voters

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm not saying he should be voted in now, but considering the point of hockey is to score goals, one of the best goalscorers ever should be up on the all-time list
Brett Hull is *maybe* a top 50 player all time (I have him lower). He's not high on any decent all-time list. He had an amazing three year peak with Oates at his side, but aside from that he's pretty "meh" as a player. Ovechkin has led the league in goals twice as many times as Brett Hull has (not to mention other great goalscorers who were better like Bossy, his dad, and the Rocket).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I lost faith after Crosby went 5th (sorry 87 fanboys)

I mean, he went 6th. So if you're going to slag his ranking, at least get it right. And if you look at the names of those who voted for him, I count maybe 8 or 9 Penguins fans with 1 or 2 Crosby fans that I see champion him on occasion. The rest seem to be neutral fans (lots of Leaf fans) who have never shown to be fans of his or the Penguins.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I mean, he went 6th. So if you're going to slag his ranking, at least get it right. And if you look at the names of those who voted for him, I count maybe 8 or 9 Penguins fans with 1 or 2 Crosby fans that I see champion him on occasion. The rest seem to be neutral fans (lots of Leaf fans) who have never shown to be fans of his or the Penguins.

He isn't the 6th best or whatever of all time tho. He & Ovy are top 15/20 but people should wait until they retire to rank them.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
How can polls be taken seriously when one of the all time best (Marcel Dionne) is not even on it! 700 + goals, 1700 + points.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I would take yzerman and beliveau over messier..when it comes to the next center taken.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
I'll add him soon, but he's clearly not a top 10 player in NHL history.

I'm pretty sure he was like number 5 for the longest time before being surpassed by Jagr. Not that it makes any difference to me, Just thought he deserves to be where he should be.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Crosby at 6 just goes to show you can be a great player and still be incredibly overrated on a ridiculous level. Hes like toews but actually elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00