Who's The Eighth Best Player In NHL History?

Who's the eighth best player in NHL history?

• Total voters

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Who's the eighth best?

Best players in NHL history (according to previous poll results):

1. Wayne Gretzky
2. Mario Lemieux
3. Bobby Orr
4. Gordie Howe
5. Jaromir Jagr
6. Sidney Crosby
7. Dominik Hasek

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The only 4 time Hart Trophy winner remaining.

Eddie Shore

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Crosby at 6 really jeesh I'm sorry he's not even the best player on his team every year for last few. I'm sorry great player but way over rated. I personally don't think Crosby is any better then Sakic, Yzerman, Messier and a lot more players. Doug Harvey if I have to pick a name left but really how do you compare different era's so many good players on that list.

Reactions: SantaClaus

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Went with Richard, but there were about 4 or 5 names who you could easily convince me should have been ahead of him (Hull, Mikita, Beliveau, Shore).

"We want the Rocket!"

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Crosby at 6 really jeesh I'm sorry he's not even the best player on his team every year for last few. I'm sorry great player but way over rated. I personally don't think Crosby is any better then Sakic, Yzerman, Messier and a lot more players. Doug Harvey if I have to pick a name left but really how do you compare different era's so many good players on that list.
Whether or not you have him in the top 5-6 is purely subjective but it's an insult to Crosby to claim that he was no better than Sakic or Yzerman. He's top 10, without a doubt.

Reactions: Grabner and bert

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
I will take the greatest goal scorer of all time over any other goal scorer.

Only two questions remain for him:

How many Rockets can he still win?

Can he pass Gretzky's goal total?

Reactions: alexgreeen

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Whether or not you have him in the top 5-6 is purely subjective but it's an insult to Crosby to claim that he was no better than Sakic or Yzerman. He's top 10, without a doubt.

His best season isn't better than either of theirs, but he has more very high-end seasons than both.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Sorry but he's way over rated to me. He might be one of best today but all time sorry not close for me. Messier, Sakic and Yzerman I saw and they to me were actually better. This is my opinion. Your entitled to yours.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The only 4 time Hart Trophy winner remaining.

Eddie Shore
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- true *but* Hart voting patterns were very different before the Norris was introduced. Dmen did much better in voting than they did afterward. I wouldn't put Shore ahead of guys like Harvey, Bourque, or personally even Potvin or Lidstrom.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I *don't* think he's top 10.

I *do* think he has separated himself from Sakic and Yzerman, though.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I feel like Brett Hull should at least be on the list - 4th all-time in goals, 23rd in points, and had an 86-goal season (only Gretzky had more in a season).

Nathaniel

Oct 18, 2013
Malkin has been better than Crosby in 3 seasons of their careers

Reactions: Katani Kalan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->