Tampere, Finland
1. RW - Filip Zadina, 93.2%
2. C/LW - Michael Rasmussen, 63.0%
3. RD - Filip Hronek, 64.9%
4. LD - Dennis Cholowski, 60.0%
5. C - Joe Veleno, 47.7%
6. W - Jonatan Berggren, 60%
7. W - Evgeny Svechnikov, 76.4%

Now this will get interesting. Didn't really know who to vote.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Edit: title's been fixed

The fact that Saarijarvi (my vote), Lindstrom, and McIsaac are all the way down here makes me feel really good about our prospect pool. These guys all have a shot at making it and the potential to be top 4 D. I don't know if any of them are particularly likely to be impact players, but it's possible and that indicates that our pool has great depth. This 2018 draft was so huge for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mlotek

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
After preseason we need to do it again, I voted for nil most ready Hicketts

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Gallant probably has chance to become NHL player in couple of years and we don't have his name

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This is close but I think Lindstrom has really nice potential. A real ”prove it” season for Saarijarvi coming up.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Sulak, at 24, he has a real chance to be the dark horse D on the roster at the start of the year, even as a 7th D.

muchbetterthanlada

Oct 24, 2015
I don't think people should give up on Saarijarvi due to his disappointing first year in the AHL. Seems to me like he just lost out on seniortiy.

Hronek had a leg up on him with 12 games under Nelson from 2017 when VS was dominating the OHL playoffs.
Yet, he was in the same bind at the start of the year and sat out 4 of the first 5 games, (playing once as the 7th D), before they managed to trade Sproul.

Both times Vili was sent to Toledo, they lamented that he'd been fine and was just losing the numbers game, and most of the games he did get in GR was as the 7th D.

As a fan, I would have thought talent and potential would trump seniority on a farm team, but that doesn't appear to be the case in GR.
Considering that both Russo and Renouf were sent packing at the end of the season, it makes their priorities even more puzzling.

Hronek first 42 games AHL 16 points
Vili first 42 games AHL 11 points

Reactions: Pavels Dog

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
This is where the major fall off is in the Wings prospect pool. I went with Lindstrom, but none of the players listed scream out to me as anything more than serviceable NHLers at best, and more likely most will never make it.

Reactions: njx9

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I don’t see the upside in Lindstrom, he looks like he has bottom pairing upside. Not sure on McIsaac yet, but he seems to be more talented and therefore likely to be a middle pairing guy. Gotta go with McIsaac here.

I’d be interested in changing my mind on Lindstrom, of course, if someone can indicate what they see him that indicates middle pairing upside. (Or better)

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
McIsaac here, dude was more touted in his draft year than Cholowski.

Surprised Saarijarvi is getting so much love, McIsaac and Lindstrom are both a clear step ahead to me.

Saarijarvi has just never put up the numbers to justify the hype he gets for his offensive skills, which is all he's really known for.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
McIsaac by a hair over Setkov. J-Mac was one of the guys I was hoping they'd pick with the high 2nd choices.

Add Kasper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad