Who's our 8th best current prospect?

Who's our 8th best current prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
A lot of recent hype about him because he looked really good in the dev camp scrimmage (at least to me). He surprisingly skates pretty well considering he's 6'6".
He was Denmark’s top d-man, played a lot and his skating was noticeable. I didn’t watch the whole game. Hopefully he comes to NA soon so we can get a better evaluation although knowing Kenny’s penchant for loading the Griffs with redundant vets there may not be enough room for him there anytime soon.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Setkov. I watch him in a game at WJC. He looks like a very tall girl. What do you like about him?

He's a project that has the tools (size, skating) to be a very good sleeper pick. I also read about he's busting arse to up his game to succeed in pro hockey...he's got that character thing going for him. Reports from camp sound promising for those of us that had a good hunch about him.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Thats a good find. Bertuzzi is number 24, Glendening 20 and Pope wasnt even voted in yet. Now its looking like he could make the wings this year

Let's face reality. Nobody after this point is ever going to play a game with the Wings anyway.

Way too early to say that. Theres like 3 guys not voted in yet that are likely to get decent mins in the nhl this season alone

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Hicketts and Pope both have a decent chance of playing some games this year never mind in general
Lol. I was just being silly offering an explanation about why the voting for 9th best prospect hasn’t been posted yet.
I think Hicketts was one of the best Wings’ d-men in all of his appearances with Wings last year including the preseason.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Add Turgeon. He may have a low ceiling, but I think he can be an NHL regular, much more so than a lot of the guys who may have higher upside but probably won’t reach it.

Voted McIssac, but have a sneaky feeling Regula will be a sleeper pick for us

Yeah I could see Glendening getting moved as early as this season and Turgeon taking over the 4th line center spot as early as this year.

Reactions: marcmadsen

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
This poll is actually kind of difficult, at least at this stage (ranking the 8th prospect), because of how one defines best. I voted for Larsson because I'm probably most excited about him despite the fact that I don't think he has a higher probability of succeeding compared to other guys on the board. I think of all the guys listed on the board Larsson may have the least likelihood of succeeding, obviously, goalies are way more of a crapshoot than position players, and because of that wouldn't hold more value and in many people's eyes would imply not being the best in comparison. Either way, I'm also excited to see Pope turn pro. Fun poll, when you start comparing the prospects makes you kind of feel better and better about the Wings current crop of prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad